Venus - First Attempt

Old May 7th 07, 04:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
reconair

Default Venus - First Attempt

Here's the best I could pull from 2047 frames.
Taken with a Takahashi TOA 130 on a Losmandy G-11
Used a ToUcam Pro II and a Schuler UVBRI filter.
Aligned and stacked with K3ccdTools and finished in Photoshop CS2.

Scott Busby

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Venus_02_b1.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	813
Old May 7th 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

That is one tough subject to get detail on. Looks like you got a little
darkening in a few places though.

Joe

Old May 7th 07, 07:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"J McBride" wrote in message
That is one tough subject to get detail on. Looks like you got a little
darkening in a few places though.

Joe

I'm sure the filter helped. I've tried without filters and was quite
disappointed with the results. Might give it a go again sometime. Never
say never, right?

George

Old May 8th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
reconair

Thanks for the positive comments.

Here's a better color corrected version. Helps to stand back from the
screen a little bit.

Scott

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"J McBride" wrote in message
That is one tough subject to get detail on. Looks like you got a little
darkening in a few places though.

Joe

I'm sure the filter helped. I've tried without filters and was quite
disappointed with the results. Might give it a go again sometime. Never
say never, right?

George

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Venus_02_b3b.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	816

Old May 10th 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"reconair" wrote

Here's a better color corrected version. Helps to stand back from the
screen a little bit.

Scott,

Better processing on this version. It clearly shows that you got some
atmosphere detail. That's pretty cool!!

George N