A Few Words on Stellafane 2005

Old August 8th 05, 11:03 PM
Dave Mitsky

Default A Few Words on Stellafane 2005

I just wanted to mention in brief that this year's Stellafane was a
blast. As usual, there were some beautiful and innovative telescopes
entered in the ATM competition. A fellow DVAA member, Scott Ewart, took
first place in both the mechanical and craftmanship divisions for his
excellent 12" split-ring equatorial.

I ran into the usual Stellafane regulars including folks like Phil
Harrington, John Bortle, Allan and Sue French, Matt Marula, and a
certain 90 year old gentleman whose name adorns a type of telescope
mount.

As an added bonus, there was no Stellarain and we were able to observe
on both nights, Saturday night being the better of the two. Highlights
included an excellent NOSS pass on Friday night and having one of my
all-time best views of the Pelican Nebula the next night.

I'll post a comprehensive report when time allows.

Dave Mitsky

Old August 8th 05, 11:14 PM
Howard Lester

"Dave Mitsky" wrote

and a
certain 90 year old gentleman whose name adorns a type of telescope
mount.

Bob Fork?

Old August 9th 05, 01:23 AM
Llanzlan Klazmon

Bill Becker wrote in news:42F7E380.5060502
@rmisp.com:

Howard Lester wrote:
"Dave Mitsky" wrote

and a
certain 90 year old gentleman whose name adorns a type of telescope
mount.

Bob Fork?

Nah, Al Tazz.

Hey this is not a Yolk.

Klazmon.
Old August 9th 05, 01:30 AM
Llanzlan Klazmon

Llanzlan Klazmon wrote in
7.6:

Howard Lester wrote:
"Dave Mitsky" wrote

and a
certain 90 year old gentleman whose name adorns a type of

telescope
mount.

Bob Fork?

Nah, Al Tazz.

Hey this is not a Yolk.

Klazmon.

Or was it a Yoke.

Klazmon.
Old August 9th 05, 02:18 AM
Bill Becker

Llanzlan Klazmon wrote:
Llanzlan Klazmon wrote in
7.6:

Bill Becker wrote in news:42F7E380.5060502
:

Howard Lester wrote:

"Dave Mitsky" wrote

and a
certain 90 year old gentleman whose name adorns a type of

telescope

mount.

Bob Fork?

Nah, Al Tazz.

Hey this is not a Yolk.

Klazmon.

Or was it a Yoke.

Klazmon.

If my brain was scrambled, I wouldn't know, but it isn't so I do. :^)
Old August 9th 05, 02:39 AM
Marty

Gee thanks guys! I'm starting to feel almost NORMAL!
Marty

Old August 9th 05, 08:36 PM
RMOLLISE

Dave Mitsky wrote:
As an added bonus, there was no Stellarain and we were able to observe
on both nights, Saturday night being the better of the two. Highlights
included an excellent NOSS pass on Friday night and having one of my
all-time best views of the Pelican Nebula the next night.

HI Dave:

Good for y'all!'Bout time you got a break up there in Yankeeland...I
understand it's been a wet few years. ;-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm

Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers:

See: http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/
For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog.

Old August 11th 05, 02:57 PM
Dave Mitsky

Rod,

It has been rather soggy on Breezy Hill the past few years. During the
2004 convention, waders were necessary to traverse parts of the big
tent where the Friday night talks are held. :-)

Dave Mitsky

Old August 11th 05, 06:04 PM
jeff

Dave Mitsky wrote:
Rod,

It has been rather soggy on Breezy Hill the past few years. During the
2004 convention, waders were necessary to traverse parts of the big
tent where the Friday night talks are held. :-)

Dave Mitsky

Yes, but given that the 'Sox won the world series, it will never rain
during Stellafane again ;-)

--
jeff