Comet 2006/A1 Pojmanski

Old March 5th 06, 05:54 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Default Comet 2006/A1 Pojmanski

First shot rapidly processed before heading to bed. Could just pick
the comet out from my back garden through a gap in the hedge. Field of
view of the image is ~1.5x2.5 degrees.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/pojmanski.html
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old March 5th 06, 06:07 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Very nice.

Errol
PASNOLA

Old March 5th 06, 06:37 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
First shot rapidly processed before heading to bed. Could just pick
the comet out from my back garden through a gap in the hedge. Field of
view of the image is ~1.5x2.5 degrees.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/pojmanski.html
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Reminds me of Hyakatake (sp?). You sure have the knack!

Old March 5th 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Pete Lawrence typed

First shot rapidly processed before heading to bed. Could just pick
the comet out from my back garden through a gap in the hedge. Field of
view of the image is ~1.5x2.5 degrees.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/pojmanski.html

Lovely!

For some reason the page title is Machholz...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old March 5th 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:54:35 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Pete Lawrence typed

First shot rapidly processed before heading to bed. Could just pick
the comet out from my back garden through a gap in the hedge. Field of
view of the image is ~1.5x2.5 degrees.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/pojmanski.html

Lovely!

For some reason the page title is Machholz...

Sorry - it is Pojmanski - promise :-)

I'd been up all night and grabbed the first html file I could out of
my comet folder as a quick template. Didn't realise it was a titled
page. It's correct now!
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old March 5th 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
First shot rapidly processed before heading to bed. Could just pick
the comet out from my back garden through a gap in the hedge. Field of
view of the image is ~1.5x2.5 degrees.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/pojmanski.html
--

Excellent Pete,

The colour nicely confirms the Swan band C2 molecules seen in my spectrum

Robin

54.75N 3.24W
http://www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/astro.htm
-

Old March 5th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Old March 5th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 05:54:11 +0000, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

First shot rapidly processed before heading to bed. Could just pick
the comet out from my back garden through a gap in the hedge. Field of
view of the image is ~1.5x2.5 degrees.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/pojmanski.html

A couple of additional image have now been added.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Old March 5th 06, 04:43 PM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lawrence
First shot rapidly processed before heading to bed. Could just pick
the comet out from my back garden through a gap in the hedge. Field of
view of the image is ~1.5x2.5 degrees.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/pojmanski.html
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Pete -these are beautiful shots. Well done. Suggest you submit to BAA PoW via Callum Potter [for renewal tomorrow!]

Nytecam 51N 0.1W