What If

Old June 22nd 03, 03:52 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default What If

What if there are 30 trillion planets in the universe 2,000 miles in
diameter,or more?. We have now found 20 stars with jupiter size
planets,and that is because we can't see the effect of smaller earth
size planets which like in our solar system are there. Now I read
there are two binary neutron stars systems,and in each system they found
two three times bigger than than earth size planets in each of these
neutron binary system. I would think such fast revolving neutron stars
would be the worst area to find planets,and I am sure it was a lucky
find. Since that is such unlikely place,we than
must not rule out the 90% of stars that are like our sun have an average
of 9 planets., and there must be planets that are out there,but have not
been capture by a star,as yet Bert

Old June 23rd 03, 01:40 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

What if we have a big universe horizon problems? Lets think in the other
direction and say the universe "is" being slowed down by gravity. That
means the universe was expanding faster in the distant past. That means
when the universe was,say,one thousand times smaller,it was in fact"more
than ten thousand times younger" All this could be reality,and best to
think in every direction. In my theory why things got
clustered it was due to a blackhole,or micro blackholes,or both,in a set
area of space(no homogenized space) and these gravitational areas is
responsible for the formation of stars,and galaxies. Its again gravity
all the way down. I have received email asking me to say
when its my own theory,and not in a text book. I don't say its my
theory to flatter my ego(it does however) Bert

Old June 24th 03, 09:06 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

What if even with the great energies of supernovas there is nothing to
compare with the energy of the big bang.? We could go with space density
that came out of BB. However I was thinking of Monopoles.I read in a
book that they are immensely heavy,a million billion times heavier than
a proton.(that is a lot of mass) That tells us it would need an immense
amount of energy to make them. Where are these monopoles now? These
monopoles could be added to the universes dark matter(yes) Well the
universe thanks to gravity has evolved so much in the last 15 billion
years and nature used this time to hid her secretes Bert

Old June 24th 03, 10:02 PM
Bill Sheppard

Bert wrote,

However I was thinking of
Monopoles...... Where are these
monopoles now?

Presumably you're referring to magnetic monopoles. If magnetism is
defined as the spin component of flowing space (as in a magnet's lines
of force being spinning flux tubes or 'mini wormholes', to the great
looping prominances on the sun), it'd be pretty hard to picture a
monopolar form of magnetism. A planet or a star is a _gravitic_ monopole
because the spatial inflow has no spin; it's just a 'reverse starburst'
flow into the center of mass.
By the very nature of its spin component, magnetism has to
be bipolar (under the spatial-flow model, that is).
Wolter made the tongue-in-cheek remark that magnetic
monopoles are right under our noses all the time. Every current-carrying
(electrical) conductor is a magnetic monopole. The circular field
surrounding the wire is of one magnetic sign (either 'N' or 'S'), with
the "missing" pole residing at the geometric and quantum center of the
wire.. making the wire in effect a 'magnetic monopole'. If a piece of
iron is put into the field, it becomes magnetized and bipolar, restoring
the wire's 'missing' pole.

oc

Old June 25th 03, 03:23 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi oc Monopoles only have one magnetic pole is it positive or
negative?. Lets say they are negative in our universe,and positive in
our parrel universe.(why not?) I don't think we will ever have an
accelerator big and powerful enough to move them. With that kind of
great mass maybe they have become super blackholes?? There I go again
Sally was right my thoughts are getting harder and harder to stifle.
Bert

Old June 25th 03, 03:34 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

What if my search for sameness gave me these thoughts? The closes my
mind can see some of string theories curled dimensions is by comparing
them with the double helix DNA The closes I can come to
visualizing the membrane of a one cell life form is comparing the
membrane to the surface tension of a drop of water, Bert

Old June 25th 03, 06:15 PM
Bill Sheppard

Bert wrote,

Monopoles only have one magnetic pole
is it positive or negative?

Well, if such a critter exists in nature, a magnetic monopole's polarity
would be designated by its 'sign', either North or South.
Under the spatial-flow model of magnetism, a monopole would
have to be a sphere with all its lines of force (spinning flux tubes or
'mini wormholes') running into the sphere omnidirectionally, like a
'reverse starburst'. The monopole's 'sign' would be determined by the
flux tubes' spin direction; *all* the inbound flux tubes would be
spinning in the same direction going in if the monopole is 'N', and in
the opposite direction if it's 'S'.
In a normal magnet, the 'N' flux tubes spin clockwise going
in and the 'S' flux tubes spin counter-clockwise going in (under
Wolter's model). Lindner has not yet developed a spatial-flow model of
magnetism or dealt with theories on magnetic monopoles. Wolter did not
believe they exist in nature, apart from his humorous quip about
electrical conductors being 'magnetic monopoles'.

oc

Old June 25th 03, 09:10 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi oc What it all particals were all monopoles in the first trillion of
a second of the big bang. That would be the time of Guth's inflation. I
posted a (what if) with this idea not to long ago) All south pole,and no
antimatter for that very short time of separating. Bert

Old June 25th 03, 09:49 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

What if 15 billion years back in time is as far as it is meaningfully to
go.? Think about it and you will find the thought is not very (iffy)
Bert

Old June 25th 03, 10:04 PM
Bill Sheppard

Well Bert, all your talk about monopoles has prodded the Oldcoot into a
whimsical 'thought experiment'. "What if" an alien race were to come
here and turn our sun into a magnetic monopole. How would they go about
it? Well, we know it is a natural gravitic monopole (as all stars and
planets are), and also has a conventional magnetic field, making it a
magnetic dipole. We also know that the sun's surface is studded with
gigantic flux tubes that emerge from and re-enter the sun, forming the
great prominences that loop out into space, sometimes several
Earth-diameters high.
So what the aliens do is this- they engineer the
internal dynamics of the sun so that the magnetic flux tubes do not
loop, but extend vertically straght up, and are open-ended at their
tops. They are all entering vertical to the surface, and are all
spinning in the same direction going in. If they're spinning clockwise
going in, that would make the *entire sun* a 'N' magnetic monopole; if
counter-clockwise, the whole sun becomes a 'S' magnetic monopole. And it
would look like a giant fuzzball with all those prominences sticking
straight out without looping.g

oc