Sensible, mainstream news article about global warming:

Old November 30th 09, 02:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Sensible, mainstream news article about global warming:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...-stability-end

Although, I have to admit, I wouldn't trust some of that newspaper's
coverage of the Middle East.

John Savard
Old November 30th 09, 04:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
BradGuth

On Nov 29, 6:43*pm, Quadibloc wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...f-climate-stab...

Although, I have to admit, I wouldn't trust some of that newspaper's
coverage of the Middle East.

John Savard

Yes, it's entirely sensible, and at the same time strongly suggesting
that tipping points are right in front of our mainstream states quo
brown noses.

Even if the AGW is from a mere 10% human caused factor, it's obviously
10% more load than our frail environment can otherwise cope with. The
OCO mission would have extensively and objectively quantified this
global situation, and meanwhile other Earth observation technology is
gradually picking up the enormous slack.

~ BG

Old November 30th 09, 05:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/...ate-change.ars

More common sense on climate change.

John Savard
Old November 30th 09, 06:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
BradGuth

On Nov 29, 9:34*pm, Quadibloc wrote:
http://arstechnica.com/science/news/...-you-should-kn...

More common sense on climate change.

John Savard

That image of Earth's atmosphere is distorted by a good 1000 fold.

The atmospheric blanket isn't 0.1% of what's depicted, and the CO2
portion of that thin atmosphere isn't worth at most 0.5% of that.

Wet CO2 is considerably more problematic than dry CO2.

Water is still by far the most negative impacting gas surrounding us,
with the atmosphere holding 4% h2o (eventually 5%). Industrial,
commercial and private consumption/evaporation of h2o needs to be
reviewed.

~ BG