What If ? (On light)

Old June 22nd 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What If ? (On light)

What if the speed of light was infinite,and not finite.? Answer is. We
would see things the way they really are(reality) Finite light shows
only the past history of the universe,and that is very blurry. It is
like seeing the first car I ever owned,and even its tires are not worn.
That is even not a fair relative view. Our view of the universe with its
very slow light is much worse. bert

Old June 27th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What If ? (On light) as a ruler

Let it be light from a distant large galaxy,or supernova explosion,or a
quasar it is all light. Intensity of the source big value?. Maybe
its curving around a strong gravity field and being lens in our line of
view?. Maybe its source is moving away from us at close to 'c',or visa
versa. Maybe its light that is passing through a very thin(less dense
nebula) no dust particles?. It is all light. Still you have to admit
all the above makes it a lousy ruler,and it is written are measurements
of great distances can be off by more than 20% I left out stuff that
could make it off by 45% Imperial thinkers know this,but they like to
fudge.They hate to use the word "Approximating. They are guessing,and
they know it. beeert