Did I See 2004-021B?

Old June 28th 04, 10:06 AM
Pokey Latrobe

Default Did I See 2004-021B?

Hello;

I am at 39.2670N and 81.5620W. I observed a bright, rapidly flashing
satellite moving from S towards N at appx 0330 Eastern time this morning.
It was just a few degrees below (W) of Vega when I first noticed it and it
continued towards just east of Polaris. It appeared to meet the
specifications for 04-021B; flashing twice per second and mag 2. I checked
my H.A. listings for this a.m. and nothing was shown for that time. All
suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

P.L.

Old June 28th 04, 03:39 PM
Ted Molczan

"Pokey Latrobe" wrote in message
Hello;

I am at 39.2670N and 81.5620W. I observed a bright, rapidly flashing
satellite moving from S towards N at appx 0330 Eastern time this morning.
It was just a few degrees below (W) of Vega when I first noticed it and it
continued towards just east of Polaris. It appeared to meet the
specifications for 04-021B; flashing twice per second and mag 2. I

checked
my H.A. listings for this a.m. and nothing was shown for that time. All
suggestions appreciated.

04021B matches your observation very well. It was 2.3 deg below Vega at
03:37:15 EDT, and 0.4 deg east of Polaris at 03:39:33 EDT.

Ted Molczan

Old June 29th 04, 12:25 AM
Pokey Latrobe

"Ted Molczan" wrote in message
ogers.com...
"Pokey Latrobe" wrote in message
Hello;

I am at 39.2670N and 81.5620W. I observed a bright, rapidly flashing
satellite moving from S towards N at appx 0330 Eastern time this

morning.
It was just a few degrees below (W) of Vega when I first noticed it and

it
continued towards just east of Polaris. It appeared to meet the
specifications for 04-021B; flashing twice per second and mag 2. I

checked
my H.A. listings for this a.m. and nothing was shown for that time. All
suggestions appreciated.

04021B matches your observation very well. It was 2.3 deg below Vega at
03:37:15 EDT, and 0.4 deg east of Polaris at 03:39:33 EDT.

Ted Molczan

Thanks, I'll be watching for it.

P.L.