The core question

Old February 22nd 13, 06:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The core question

It seems that 21st century empiricism is much like the behavior of the
Jesuits in the early 17th century,it didn't matter whether the
technical arguments were sound,it only mattered that Galileo had
challenged their reputations to such an extent that his fate was
sealed -

"From this and other circumstances from which it would take too long
to repeat here it will be seen that the fury of my powerful
persecutors continually increases. The have at length chosen to
reveal themselves to me; for about two months ago, when a dear friends
of mine at Rome was speaking of my affairs to Father Christopher
Griemberger, mathematician at the college there, this Jesuit uttered
the following precise words;—‘If Galileo had only known how to retain
the favor of the fathers of this college, he would have stood in
renown before the world, he would have been spared all his
misfortunes, and could have written what he pleased about everything,
even about the motion of the earth.’ From this you will see, honoured
Sir, that it is not this opinion or that which has brought, and still
brings about my calamities, but my being in disgrace with the
Jesuits." Galileo

Under normal circumstances the transition to a more productive regime
would involve a considerable effort however with a struggle to retain
reputations that no longer exist,it is difficult to see where the
people are going to come from who wish to secure genuine reputations
and expertise.Silence is a mere concession to a lost reputation even
while retaining a lifestyle but it is much better to acquire
understanding of the core questions that have to be dealt with and
deal with them regardless of the cost.

Old February 22nd 13, 08:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Feb 22, 11:40*am, oriel36 wrote:
it is difficult to see where the
people are going to come from who wish to secure genuine reputations
and expertise.

Today, of course, unlike Galileo, you need have no fear of the
Inquisition.

The people who post here do not give your ideas a sympathetic ear
because they feel that they know you are wrong.

To find a more sympathetic audience, you will need to turn elsewhere.
I am sure there are people out there who would find merit in your
ideas, even though I feel they, as well as you, would be mistaken.
Many people have a world view strongly shaped by religion, and have
little sympathy for, or knowledge of, modern science and mathematics -
and, so, they would at least be able to consider your ideas with an
open mind, for what that is worth.

John Savard
Old February 22nd 13, 10:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Having spent 3 weeks in hospital with a fractured spine plus
complications,I marvel at the integrity of the doctors and staff as I
am on the road to recovery - there is no duplicity,no scam as these
people go about their business and then I come across this human
tragedy where people act in the worst possible manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_rotation

The article is an act of insanity,it goes against all the principles
which give people a sense of stability and integrity and most of
all,it loses all sense of cause and effect so mathematicians can have
the clockwork solar system and modeling as a point of departure for
more duplicity and pretense.

The issue has never been one of denunciation but rather the
revisiting of a valid question that was never settled and remains
before everyone - it does require a slight effort to distinguish
between the predictive convenience of a rotating celestial sphere set
within the calendar/clockwork system as opposed to the interpretative
astronomy which is quite separate and uses a different set of
principles based on 365 1/4 days and rotations for one annual circuit.

The 21st century should not have to support articles like Wikipedia
and rotation as the Earth does not turn to the Sun once in 24 hours
and a star returns 3 minutes 56 seconds earlier each 24 hour AM/PM
cycle within the 365/366 day format making it obviously worthless for
proving constant daily rotation.

Old February 22nd 13, 11:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_7_]

"oriel36" wrote in message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_rotation

The article is an act of insanity,it goes against all the principles
which give people a sense of stability and integrity and most of
all,it loses all sense of cause and effect so mathematicians can have
the clockwork solar system and modeling as a point of departure for
more duplicity and pretense.
Thus the anonymous thug "oriel36" displays his own insanity.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When the fools chicken farmer Wilson and Van de faggot present an argument I
cannot laugh at I'll retire from usenet.

Old February 23rd 13, 12:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, February 22, 2013 2:19:21 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

... and then I come across this human

tragedy where people act in the worst possible manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_rotation

The article is an act of insanity,it goes against all the principles

which give people a sense of stability and integrity and most of

all,it loses all sense of cause and effect so mathematicians can have

the clockwork solar system and modeling as a point of departure for

more duplicity and pretense.

The solution is clear to me.

You need to stop reading immediately!
Old February 23rd 13, 02:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 23, 1:48*am, palsing wrote:
On Friday, February 22, 2013 2:19:21 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:
... and then I come across this human

tragedy where people act in the worst possible manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_rotation

The article is an act of insanity,it goes against all the principles

which give people a sense of stability and integrity and most of

all,it loses all sense of cause and effect so mathematicians can have

the clockwork solar system and modeling as a point of departure for

more duplicity and pretense.

The solution is clear to me.

You need to stop reading immediately!

What you have been doing is mobbing,it is a disorder as you have no
interest in the details but rather you perceive the real principles as
a threat to your indoctrination as opposed to others who use a silent
treatment to convey a different form of the indoctrinated mind .I am
not an empiricist so it doesn't matter anyway therefore that leaves me
to find interesting and interested people who can genuinely reason and
adjust to what contemporary imaging dictates.

You now have a 'new' version to contend with where there is an
idealistic rotation once in 24 hours in 1820 however you will see no
conflict with what you previously believed and that is why it sadly is
a disorder that I would wish people escape from -

"At the time of the dinosaurs, Earth completed one rotation in about
23 hours," says MacMillan, who is a member of the VLBI team at NASA
Goddard. "In the year 1820, a rotation took exactly 24 hours, or
86,400 standard seconds. Since 1820, the mean solar day has increased
by about 2.5 milliseconds." NASA

Old February 24th 13, 02:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Feb 22, 7:14*pm, oriel36 wrote:

You now have a 'new' version to contend with where there is an
idealistic rotation once in 24 hours in 1820 however you will see no
conflict with what you previously believed and that is why it sadly is
a disorder that I would wish people escape from -

"At the time of the dinosaurs, Earth completed one rotation in about
23 hours," says MacMillan, who is a member of the VLBI team at NASA
Goddard. "In the year 1820, a rotation took exactly 24 hours, or
86,400 standard seconds. Since 1820, the mean solar day has increased
by about 2.5 milliseconds."

As I have noted, you are exactly right that there is no clockwork
rotation with 24 hours as its period unmodified by the Equation of
Time which is a motion of the Earth.

But what you quote is simply a flawed attempt at simplification by
tossing out technical details, not a "new story"; it is precisely
because the rotation relative to the fixed stars, of 23 hours, 56
minutes, and 4 seconds _is_ a clockwork rotation with a uniform time
that it is held to be the Earth's "real" rotational motion.

John Savard
Old February 24th 13, 04:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin R. Howell[_6_]

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 23:08:12 -0800, oriel36 wrote:

The nub of this situation is. . .(and blah, blah, blah)

The real nub of this situation is how much longer you are going to play
this game. I haven't visited this group for almost two years and now
find that you are still at this waste of time.

--
Martin R. Howell
Ditch Windoze. Get ubuntu.
Old February 24th 13, 05:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 24, 5:24*am, "Martin R. Howell"
wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 23:08:12 -0800, oriel36 wrote:
The nub of this situation is. . .(and blah, blah, blah)

The real nub of this situation is how much longer you are going to play
this game. *I haven't visited this group for almost two years and now
find that you are still at this waste of time.

--
Martin R. Howell
Ditch Windoze. *Get ubuntu.

Want to see what your last 'contribution' was to this forum,as unique
as it was sickening -

https://groups.google.com/group/sci....dd505ccc?hl=en

When you reach that obscene low then forget about it.
Old February 24th 13, 05:39 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin R. Howell[_6_]

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 21:25:10 -0800, oriel36 wrote:

On Feb 24, 5:24Â*am, "Martin R. Howell"
wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 23:08:12 -0800, oriel36 wrote:
The nub of this situation is. . .(and blah, blah, blah)

The real nub of this situation is how much longer you are going to play
this game. Â*I haven't visited this group for almost two years and now
find that you are still at this waste of time.

--
Martin R. Howell Ditch Windoze. Â*Get ubuntu.

https://groups.google.com/group/sci....a350ddd505ccc?

hl=en

When you reach that obscene low then forget about it.

Perhaps you missed Palsings reply to my post which you cited. His reply
is located two beneath mine in the link you provided. But, let me save
you the trouble of going to it. Here it is:

C'mon. Admit it. You are touching yourself as you write this stuff.

HA! Best reply of the year...

--
Ditch Windoze. Get ubuntu.

Question about Jupiter's anti-gravity core G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 4 May 15th 08 06:51 AM
Core sample question TVDad Jim History 1 March 6th 06 10:32 PM
Getting to the Core ??????? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 2 November 27th 05 04:03 AM
Question: rotation of the Sun's core? OkeeDokee Misc 9 January 23rd 05 10:10 AM
Question: rotation of the Sun's core? Twittering One Misc 0 January 22nd 05 10:40 PM