Light Pollution and Mak vs SCT

Old September 2nd 03, 06:01 PM
Jerry

Default Light Pollution and Mak vs SCT

Hello all,

I have been reading through many of the posting s here with great
interest. In fact, I should probably be already on my way to work
already.
Anyway, My wife recently asked (out of the clear blue sky!) why I was
not buying a telescope for the current Mars opposition. Seems that
she would be happy if I purchased one for a couple of thousand
dollars. As I love my wife very much I am very happy to go out and
get one!
OK...to the nitty gritty....
I live on the california coast just north of san diego. I do not
expect to be driving off into the desert with my telescope all that
much but then again who knows...maybe the bug will bite me but I
certainly will do that at least a couple of times a year. IN general
therefore the scope will be used in my backyard.
I am thinking of a Meade 7" lx 200 maksutov, the meade 8" SCT and as a
wild card the 7" intes micro.
Would any of these work better in a light polluted area or is the
contrast benefit of the maksutoc system not the same lighht pollution
or no.
Is the Intes scope that much better then the Meades? It is quite a bit
more expensive.
Where can I purchase an Intes from currently?
Thank you all for your help.
Jerry
Old September 2nd 03, 06:42 PM
Scribe2b