WFTV: "Mysterious Object Floats Away From International Space Station"

Old February 11th 04, 09:43 AM
Paul Blay

Default "Mysterious Object Floats Away From International Space Station"

"Alan Erskine" wrote ...
"Marvin" wrote in message
Herb Schaltegger lid
wrote in :
You are dead wrong.

The fact that you state your case with such eloquent arrogance does not
change the facts.

You are dead wrong.

*Please* do yourself a favor and read up a bit about orbital mechanics.
Its fun to see you make an ass of yourself like this but really, it does have
a danger of misinforming some person that actually believes you.

PLONK (For _your_ arrogance!)

Yeah, after all you wouldn't want to risk learning something yourself if one of
your posts was corrected in the future.
Old February 11th 04, 01:22 PM
Andy

Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D. wrote:

Anyway, Marv', if you're still following the thread - Henry and Hop (see
below) have provided great examples of how to correct someone politely.
And as you can see, when corrected accurately (and politely), I acknowledge
it gracefully.

From a former regular turned occasional lurker: Unfortunately, there's a bit of
pot-kettle-black hypocrisy here; I've read countless posts of yours where you
have spurned the opportunity to correct someone politely in favor of acting
like, well, a J.D. full of B.S. A dose of your own medicine might, on occasion,
serve you well.

Andy

"Gee, I thought we'd be a lot higher at MECO!"
[Steve Hawley, STS 41-D pad abort, 1984]
Old February 11th 04, 01:36 PM
Henry Spencer

In article ,
bw wrote:
What is the absolute presssure at ISS altitude? Is it being measured and/or
observed.

In practice, the way one measures air density -- usually of more practical
interest than the pressure -- at satellite altitudes is to track a satellite
of known size and see how much air drag it's experiencing.
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |