Man Conquers Space

Old July 29th 05, 07:50 PM
Scott Hedrick

Default Man Conquers Space

Any word?

Old July 29th 05, 08:25 PM
OM

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:50:23 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Any word?

....I think Sander ran off with all the money he collected and spent it
on Aborigine hookers in a mass orgy on Ayers Rock. But that doesn't
bother me, because we got a really neat trailer out of the deal. What
*does* bother me is that I could never get him to port that Electric
Image mesh of the VBE over to 3DS or MAX format :-(

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 29th 05, 09:23 PM
Rusty

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:25:54 -0500, OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org

wrote:

Any word?

...I think Sander ran off with all the money he collected and spent it
on Aborigine hookers in a mass orgy on Ayers Rock. But that doesn't
bother me, because we got a really neat trailer out of the deal. What
*does* bother me is that I could never get him to port that Electric
Image mesh of the VBE over to 3DS or MAX format :-(

OM

After the long delay of this feature along with the recent Discovery
problems, maybe the title should be changed to:

"Space Conquers Man"

Rusty
Old July 29th 05, 10:01 PM

Sander got some investment recently. From the website:

Major MCS Landmark Reached
After a lengthy process of searching and lobbying for development
funding, a single investor has come forward and supplied an amount
which covers the full amount required. This now means MCS can finally -
after nine months of fits and starts - get under way with its second
last phase of development. This is a major leap forward and so for the
next six weeks it will be *very* busy here...

--------

From the MCS Yahoo group:

FINALLY! Money has come through from an investor to cover the cost of
the second
last
phase of MCS development.

The last phase of MCS development will be the lobbying and promotion of
MCS on
the
open international film market, in the plan of MCS being back by a
major
production
funding body or picked up by a studio.

That will be perhaps the most difficult part of the operation, since
being
picked up by a
studio will mean it will be the studio calling the shots, as opposed to
funding body (for
the production budget) who will support MCS continuing to be an
independent film
(and
more often than not supporting the shots continuing to come from this
end of
town.

For the moment however the phase we're on now should take between five
and seven

weeks. The timing after that depends on the market - MIPCOM in France
(the
largest TV
convention in the world which also runs film) runs in October, and the
next
March=E9 du
Film in Cannes (the largest film festival and industry meet in the
world) is in
May next year,
so who knows - we may end up there if nothing happens before.

----

So, it appears that MCS is chugging along, but in a somewhat different
direction than originally planned. Not unlike a lot of the X-Prize
companies...

I'm looking forward to all the Geek Stuff that should accompany the
movie release... "MCS: The Technical Manual." Whole lotta geekin' out...