query on Apollo transmissions

Old February 24th 04, 04:37 AM
JimO

Default query on Apollo transmissions

The guy has some questions, if anybody's interested.

Old February 25th 04, 12:46 AM
Terrell Miller

"JimO" wrote in message

People could, and this was described in back issues of CQ Magazine, the
radio amateur publication. It took a substantial investment in equipment,
such as a parabolic dish antenna at least several meters in diameter, as
well as technical knowledge of where to point it in the sky.

how 'bout "directly at the moon"?

--
Terrell Miller

"It's one thing to burn down the **** house and another thing entirely to
install plumbing"
-PJ O'Rourke

Old February 25th 04, 05:22 AM
Henry Spencer

Terrell Miller wrote:
such as a parabolic dish antenna at least several meters in diameter, as
well as technical knowledge of where to point it in the sky.

how 'bout "directly at the moon"?

Probably good enough for the lunar-orbit phase, but not right for the time
spent in transit outbound and homebound. The Moon moves quite quickly and
Apollo generally *wasn't* in line with it during the in-transit periods.
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |
Old February 25th 04, 08:16 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Terrell Miller
writes
"JimO" wrote in message

People could, and this was described in back issues of CQ Magazine, the
radio amateur publication. It took a substantial investment in equipment,
such as a parabolic dish antenna at least several meters in diameter, as
well as technical knowledge of where to point it in the sky.

how 'bout "directly at the moon"?

As in "The Dish", you mean?
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old February 26th 04, 08:31 AM
Harald Kucharek

Wasn't the DSE dump sometimes used to get private messages to
the ground e.g. Borman's medical condition during Apollo 8?

All mission transcripts as pdf's from the NASA CD-ROM are available at
insideKSC at http://24.73.239.154:8081/DOCS/mt/1/Start.html
They also contain transcripts from the DSE.

Harald

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM