NASA JPL Conspiracy to Withhold Mars Spirit Results

Old January 19th 05, 06:12 PM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

Default NASA JPL Conspiracy to Withhold Mars Spirit Results

January 19, 2005

Our government at work.

No spectroscopy, no MIs, nada.

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net

Old January 25th 05, 12:19 AM
jonathan

About this iron meteor...

Steve Squyres states.....

" The key is not what we'll learn about meteorites -- we have lots
of meteorites on Earth -- but what the meteorites can tell
us about Meridiani Planum."

"The numbers of exposed meteorites could be an indication of
whether the plain is gradually eroding away or being built
up."

The statement... "an indication of whether the plain is gradually
eroding away or being built up" holds within it the entire
problem with the science results from Nasa.

Is the meteor exposed from eons of weathering by the wind
or being covered....Nasa wonders......?

After a year Nasa seems to have No Clue as to the nature
of Meridiani. So lets figure this thing out and see what is
says about Nasa.

Look at this Spirit photo below, this shows what appears
to be an ancient area where the rocks have been exposed
by eons of weathering. It seems obvious!
So I'll pick one at random.
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/galle...P2389L7M1.HTML

Now compare to the Meridiani photo below. If anyone here
thinks the two photos show the same kind of erosion process, then
please raise your hands. For those that did, go sit in the
back corner of the room, next to Squyres, and shoot
yourself in the head.

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L5L6.jpg.html

So for Meridiani it's clear the first question Steve posed
is rather silly, Meridiani was not uncovered by eons of
wind erosion. That leaves only one possibility left according
to Squyres. But ya know, someone slap me if I'm missing
something, I just don't think the meteor has been.....

........UNCOVERED BY DEPOSITION............

But apparently that is a possibility being studied by
our geologists in charge of the mission science.

That is an embarrassment!

As to the outrage of this folly parading as science.
The only possibility that makes sense is the only one
that Nasa refuses to even consider as their statement
indicates. Which is that Meridiani is a site that is.....

.........PRISTINE......

That Meridiani looks pretty much like it did the day
that water/ice last graced its surface.

But Squyres will not even entertain that notion....WHY!

The answer is simple, that path would mean that the surface
features at Meridiani are not eleventy-billion years old.
NOT GEOLOGY! But Squyres and his crew are
GEOLOGISTS. The unspoken option would take them
away from geology and towards life.

The Truth would hand the brass-ring to someone else.

So it's not an option, when confronted with conclusions
that slide outside their geological specialty they remain
'unspoken'. Nasa has been very quiet now for over
six months.

This is what most would call a clear /conflict of interest/.
And rather good circumstantial evidence of life on Mars.
A conflict designed into this mission before it even launched
with the selection of the science team.

The outrage is this....here we've gone and spent billions
and decades of talent to build all sorts of wonderful
"Seeing Machines". Whether scope, orbiter or lander
these spectacular eyes on the universe appear
to have a 'filter' of sorts between the lens and
....We the People.

A politicized, self-serving filter that provides a
stifling restrictor-plate like limit to discovery and truth.
Like Nascar, the results are nice and pretty, but
restrictor plate racing is an entirely different animal
from the 'real thing'.

They should rename the rovers 'Charlotte' and 'Daytona'.

Jonathan

" The key is not what we'll learn about meteorites -- we have lots
of meteorites on Earth -- but what the meteorites can tell
us about Nasa."