Double-A Is Back!

Old June 21st 14, 02:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff-Relf.Me

Default Double-A lives in the dirty streets, with no shower.

PRE Style='White-Space: PRE !important; Font-Size: 18px !important;Font-Family: monospace !important;'Â*
Brad, told me:
[Double·A] actually has a very upscale storage unit,
and otherwise has access to clean cloths and bathrooms with showers.

What showers ? Free showers, for anyone ?
Are you dreaming, or what ?

By now he has ten plus thousands in cash and/or
in some bank account that receives is SS deposits.

He got his ID card some 9 months ago.
And he's worried about someone taking his bank account.

He could afford to pay full rent at your location,
because his SS deposit is probably near $1000/month.

He gets about $1700/month, I figure.

Near as I can tell, he's like:

Give me a nice place, or no place at all.
Old June 21st 14, 03:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:12:25 AM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
*
Brad, told me:
[Double·A] actually has a very upscale storage unit,
and otherwise has access to clean cloths and bathrooms with showers.

What showers ? Free showers, for anyone ?
Are you dreaming, or what ?

By now he has ten plus thousands in cash and/or
in some bank account that receives is SS deposits.

He got his ID card some 9 months ago.
And he's worried about someone taking his bank account.

He could afford to pay full rent at your location,
because his SS deposit is probably near $1000/month.

He gets about $1700/month, I figure.

Near as I can tell, he's like:

Give me a nice place, or no place at all.

For a cheap (as little as $30/mo) membership in a low-end health club takes care of showers. A really nice club membership might cost $60/mo.

Old June 21st 14, 08:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff-Relf.Me

PRE Style='White-Space: PRE !important; Font-Size: 18px !important;Font-Family: monospace !important;'Â*
You ( Brad ) told me:
For a cheap (as little as $30/mo) membership
in a low-end health club takes care of showers.
A really nice club membership might cost $60/mo.

OK, but Double·A never said he had one of those, did he ?

He doesn't trust banks, either.
So I doubt he has a bank account.
Old June 21st 14, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Double-A's "high quality housing or the streets" thing.

On Friday, June 20, 2014 8:17:12 PM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
*
Weeks ago, Brad·Guth told Double·A and me:
I think [Double·A] shoots heroin, first thing,
upon awakening... but I have no proof.

You really think I'm dumb enough to be doing that?

Jeff-Relf isn't always trying to be helpful,
although he does have a part-time minimum wage kind of job
with lots of housing benefits making it well worth doing.

I doubt he needs to put in more than a couple hours per day,

although being on call 24/7 can be annoying,
[perhaps consuming] 15~20 hrs/week, and

some housing management responsibilities can be problematic.

That's amazingly accurate, Brad.
I didn't think you could be that attached to reality.

[ By the way... Venus is too hot for water/human·life,
Mars is too cold, and you can't mix them together ]

Occationally, I put in a full 8 hours of ·hard· labor,
busting my old, fat ass. I sweat badly, horribly.

Tomorrow, I should lay a rug, talk to potential tenants,
and mow the lawn... thus earning my "free" rent.
······
Double·A's anonymity has always bothered me.
The less anonymous you are, the more I like you.

I might eventually reveal my identity in a moment of honesty. Of course that would open me to real world attacks from anyone I have ****ed off her on Usenet. Hint: My real name has been posted on alt.astronomy. If you were sleuth enough, you might find it.

Still, there's something about Double·A that intrigues me.

If he wanted to rent a room here, in Seattle,
next to the beautiful University of Washigton,
I'd let him. Here are the ads I have up now:

Would you? Even when my former landlord tells you I still owe them $2,600?

$530 / 144ft² - Available Now. UW, U-District, University Village
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/roo/4516927341.html

$555 / 150ft² - PreLease for September 1st. UW, U-District, University Village
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/roo/4521312271.html

Your rooms are within my price range, but 150 sq ft? That's barely larger than my storage locker! How can a man have great thoughts in a place as small as that? I was hoping for a place were there would be room to move in the stuff from my storage locker and still leave me room to move around. I can do without a bed. Am I really asking too much?

However, my rooms aren't good enough for him,
I'm quite sure, and he's not good enough for
the kinds of housing he requires... so he's homeless.

As wierd as it sounds to me,
his "high quality housing or the streets" thing,
it's apparently true.

I lived in upscale habitations most of my life.

Double-A
Old June 21st 14, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, June 20, 2014 8:39:25 PM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
*
@Double·A replied to Brad, saying:
and some housing management responsibilities can be problematic.

Cleaning the toilets?

That would bother you, wouldn't it, @Double·A ?

Yet you live in the dirty streets, with no shower,
dying from infections... longing for a fine apartment.

Every day, I clean toilets, wash dishes, and try to keep
bathroom rugs/walls/pipes free of hair, dirt, ****, mold, etc.

I handle several garbage cans, a dumpster, recycling, etc.

Well as I always say, so long as you enjoy your work.

Double-A

Old June 21st 14, 09:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:51:36 AM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
*
You ( Brad ) told me:
For a cheap (as little as $30/mo) membership
in a low-end health club takes care of showers.
A really nice club membership might cost $60/mo.

OK, but Double·A never said he had one of those, did he ?

He doesn't trust banks, either.
So I doubt he has a bank account.

I think he was obligated to maintain a bank account in order to get his SS deposits. It's possible they could be sending him a voucher check or SS prepaid debit card with an extra service charge of at least $5/month.

"Better than checks. The card is aimed at folks without bank accounts. About 4 million Americans on the Social Security payroll are "unbanked" and must receive paper checks, which are vulnerable to financial crimes like check fraud and more minor problems such as delivery delay. There's also the issue of where to cash them. "They have to use check-cashing services," says Bill Hardekopf, CEO of the credit card comparison website LowCards.com, about people without bank accounts. Check-cashing services can average $40 per payroll check, according to the Brookings Institution."

"Use free services. There are no sign-up fees, monthly fees, or overdraft fees, which plague the users of many other prepaid cards. And no credit check is required to enroll. "With this particular card, the fees aren't as high as many of the other prepaid cards," says Michelle Jun, a staff attorney for nonprofit Consumers Union. You can get access to the cash loaded on your card from a bank or credit union teller or as cash back with purchases at retailers. You can also set up free "low balance" alerts when the account balance falls below a certain level and notification of deposits by phone, e-mail, or text message."
Old June 21st 14, 09:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:30:43 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

In addition to the 150 sf, there should be some common areas so that you'd share a kitchen, bathroom and laundry area. Storage area outside of your room would cost extra, and likely doesn't exist within the micro-housing unit.
Old June 21st 14, 09:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, June 20, 2014 9:34:10 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
On Friday, June 20, 2014 8:17:12 PM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:

*

Weeks ago, Brad·Guth told Double·A and me:

I think [Double·A] shoots heroin, first thing,

upon awakening... but I have no proof.

You really think I'm dumb enough to be doing that?

Jeff-Relf isn't always trying to be helpful,

although he does have a part-time minimum wage kind of job

with lots of housing benefits making it well worth doing.

I doubt he needs to put in more than a couple hours per day,

although being on call 24/7 can be annoying,

[perhaps consuming] 15~20 hrs/week, and

some housing management responsibilities can be problematic.

That's amazingly accurate, Brad.

I didn't think you could be that attached to reality.

[ By the way... Venus is too hot for water/human·life,

Mars is too cold, and you can't mix them together ]

For a naked and always dumbfounded Goldilocks, even most of Earth is too nasty, such as too wet, too toxic, too windy, as well as either too dry, too hot or too cold for that naked Goldilocks. However, for an intelligent species with applied technology and common sense, Venus is just about right for exploiting its energy resources and rare elements

So have you been watching "Naked Dual Survival" on the Discover channel? There a naked man and women go trudging off through some jungle trying to survive!

[...]

I think Double-A could fit in, although giving up $555/mo probably isn't going to fly. I think he pays roughly $125/month for his 128 sf upscale storage unit, and it's probably plum full of stuff.

The price on my locker will be up to almost $200 next month. They gleefully raise the price by 10% every year whether I can afford it or not. Unit is 10 by 10. I need more space than Jeff is offering so I can stop paying this locker fee.

Double-A

Old June 21st 14, 09:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default When you pursue pleasure, chasing it hard...

On Friday, June 20, 2014 9:42:56 PM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
*
Weeks ago, Brad told @Double·A:
In between cleaning toilets and having to fix what others break,
[Jeff] also gets to police others in exchange for his rent,
and apparently he's sufficiently good at it.

The only reason I have a room open now
is because one of my tenants,
a beautiful 29 year old girl ( same age as my daughter ),
died of a heroin overdose.

By the time I found her,
she had been dead for 5 days !

Her once·lovely face was just a black mass of mold,
contrasted by the beautiful flowing hair that framed it.

There were over a thousand needles in her room.
I collected piles of used needles, over a gallon, packed tight.

She lost her regular job after getting
caught shooting up in the bathroom.

Heroin is an expensive habit.

Then there's rent, fine clothes and fine dining,
paid for by being the the mistress of a retired doctor.
The doctor gave her Xanax. He popped 7 at a time.

That's one way to live, I guess.

She was embarrassed, semi·ashamed of her life.
I told her not to worry, that I loved her anyway,
like a father loves his daughter.

It never occurred to me that she might die.
I didn't even know she was doing heroin,
though I suspected it.

Now, I know that she was shooting up
her neck artery, so it'd hit her faster.
I never even looked that close.

When you pursue pleasure, chasing it hard,
you catch nothing but dust, death.

People believe in the "after life" because it feels good,
and they can't stand the alternative, despite the facts.

Likewise, they believe in "faster than light" travel
because it gives them pleasure, like a drug.

So, if you chase pleasure, and don't care about reality...
then, fine, enjoy your "faster than light" fantasies
as you huff your opium pipe... because you'll need it.

You'll need it more and more, until you're dead.

http://Jeff-Relf.Me/Einstein.HTM
http://Jeff-Relf.Me/The_Cosmic_Horizon_.HTM

You are trying to rent me a room someone recently died in??? Did you have it professionally cleaned? There are companies that do that sort of thing. Get rid of the smell of death.

Double-A
Old June 21st 14, 10:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:51:36 AM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
*
You ( Brad ) told me:
For a cheap (as little as $30/mo) membership
in a low-end health club takes care of showers.
A really nice club membership might cost $60/mo.

OK, but Double·A never said he had one of those, did he ?

He doesn't trust banks, either.
So I doubt he has a bank account.

If you had been reading my current posts you would now that I am currently living in a motel room. I have a shower, private bathroom, air conditioning, refrigerator, and full Comcast cable TV. But is is dingy, shabby, ant infested, and the stove is broke so I have no way to cook. Also I cannot afford even this at $255 a week. I am altogether, including my locker, Medicare premium, and food, spending more than I receive each month from SS. I have my money in a checking account which I feel safe with since the proceeds of Social Security are protected from attachment by creditors. Interest rates are so low that savings accounts are a joke.

Double-A