Challenger Anniversary

Old January 29th 08, 05:32 PM posted to sci.space.history, sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

Default Challenger Anniversary

On Jan 29, 8:13*am, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned it yesterday. *It's been
twenty-two years.

I have some thoughts he

http://www.transterrestrial.com/arch...two_years.html

Yep, quick to badmouth NASA and cheer for commercial spaceflight.

Do you honestly think NASA doesn't want out of the launch business by
proposing COTS? How come nothing about USA's profit margins and how
corporate greed plays into the high cost of launches?

Here I thought you were going to write strictly about the fact all
three NASA disasters occurred within in the same week on the calendar
(different years, same time of year) and in the last paragragh you
turn it into your commercial. And delays in commercial spaceflight are
their own...
Old January 31st 08, 06:19 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Revision[_3_]

I have some thoughts he

http://www.transterrestrial.com/arch...two_years.html

"If that loss back then was a necessary catalyst to ultimately end the
program and spur on efforts to do better privately, even if delayed, then
perhaps the sacrifice of the Challenger crew will, in the long run of
history, be viewed as not for naught."

Brain write "if" sentence.

If dee private money not get spent, den day die for nought, a non-bright
future of our current past. The saving grace, in theory, that NASA has, in
essence, officially, declared the dream dead. Jeez. what spew.