Wayne Hale's Letter

Old July 15th 07, 06:23 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

Default Wayne Hale's Letter

Here is a link to a great letter from the NASA Shuttle Program Manager,
Wayne Hale. With people like Wayne in charge, NASA may have a chance of
getting to the moon.

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=24762

--
Danny Deger

NASA offered me $15,000 to take down my web site. Take a look and see why.
www.dannydeger.net

Old July 16th 07, 11:42 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Yes, sounds like common sense, but it does not take account of those who are
in management who do not share that view and seem to be interested
in'managing', rather than listening and then deciding.

Brian

Email:

Old July 16th 07, 07:33 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Derek Lyons

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Yes, sounds like common sense, but it does not take account of those who are
in management who do not share that view and seem to be interested
in'managing', rather than listening and then deciding.

'Listening and deciding' _is_ 'managing'.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old July 21st 07, 09:40 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Danny Deger

"nmp" wrote in message
news snip

...busy as they are looking important behind their desks and at
meetings with other "managers".

A perfect summary of many managers throughout the world -- especially
meetings with other managers. Great line, thanks.

Danny Deger

Old July 24th 07, 01:13 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Jim Kingdon

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=24762

Am I the only cynic here? I read this letter as "management is making
bad decisions, and it is all the fault of the non-managers, because
they didn't lead their leaders enough".

Such things can be hard to make sense of out of context, so it could
be I'm just thinking of a different organization with different
problems when I read it. But it seems to be all about making managers
lives easier, not the lives of the "smart guys" who it is addressed
to.