NASA.....Rest in Peace!

Old March 18th 12, 04:13 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Robert Love

Default NASA.....Rest in Peace!

On 2012-03-18 00:49:59 +0000, Jonathan said:

NASA has become a shadow of it's past. Why?
Let me list only the most recent embarrassments.

1) The (Russian) International Space Station!

The 'promise' of microgravity research!

Currently crewed by Anton, Anatoly, Oleg, Andre, Don
and Dan. Replacing former crew Sergei, Satoshi and Mike.
Which replaced the previous crew of Borisenko, Samokutyaev
and Ron. At least the Russians still give us seat or two.

It's all we can do to keep it up, let alone do any significant science.
Turns out those 'promises' were nothing more than a two-bit sales pitch.

Facts please. The science hours on Station are up the last 4 months
or so. The idea that all that is done on Station is build or maintain
it was during 3 man crews during assembly. These days it's different.
Has been for almost a year.

Old March 18th 12, 10:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On 2012-03-18 00:49:59 +0000, Jonathan said:

NASA has become a shadow of it's past. Why?
Let me list only the most recent embarrassments.

1) The (Russian) International Space Station!

The 'promise' of microgravity research!

Currently crewed by Anton, Anatoly, Oleg, Andre, Don
and Dan. Replacing former crew Sergei, Satoshi and Mike.
Which replaced the previous crew of Borisenko, Samokutyaev
and Ron. *At least the Russians still give us seat or two.

It's all we can do to keep it up, let alone do any significant science.
Turns out those 'promises' were nothing more than a two-bit sales pitch..

Facts please. * The science hours on Station are up the last 4 months
or so. *The idea that all that is done on Station is build or maintain
it was during 3 man crews during assembly. *These days it's different.
Has been for almost a year.

True micro gravity science can only be accomplished at places like our
Earth-moon-L1 or Venus-L2. ISS as is is too spendy, risky and
otherwise limited.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Old March 20th 12, 02:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

On 2012-03-18 00:49:59 +0000, Jonathan said:

NASA has become a shadow of it's past. Why?
Let me list only the most recent embarrassments.

1) The (Russian) International Space Station!

The 'promise' of microgravity research!

Currently crewed by Anton, Anatoly, Oleg, Andre, Don
and Dan. Replacing former crew Sergei, Satoshi and Mike.
Which replaced the previous crew of Borisenko, Samokutyaev
and Ron. At least the Russians still give us seat or two.

It's all we can do to keep it up, let alone do any significant science.
Turns out those 'promises' were nothing more than a two-bit sales pitch.

Facts please. The science hours on Station are up the last 4 months or
so. The idea that all that is done on Station is build or maintain it was
during 3 man crews during assembly. These days it's different. Has been
for almost a year.

I'm listening, go ahead and tell my about the promise of
microgravity research. What will the public get for the
15 years and $100 billion dollars?

Long exposures to space for manned missions to Mars that's
never going to happen? Dark Energy research which no one
really cares about? The one thing this project is proving is
that by the time such a long and expensive program is finished
the world has moved on.

Old March 20th 12, 09:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On 2012-03-18 00:49:59 +0000, Jonathan said:

[...]

How about easily creating an unlimited supply of carbonado (aka
diamond) of any size and volume?

Old March 21st 12, 02:26 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

"Brad Guth" wrote in message

How about easily creating an unlimited supply of carbonado (aka
diamond) of any size and volume?

All that would do is ruin a perfectly good diamond market.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / "Guth Usenet"

Old March 21st 12, 02:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Robert Love

On 2012-03-18 00:49:59 +0000, Jonathan said:

[...]

And now you've changed the topic. Your original statement, the one I
responded to, was

"It's all we can do to keep it up, let alone do any significant science."

That's what I was responding to. It's not really factual.
There are science hours being logged. It's not all maintenance now.
Old March 23rd 12, 05:20 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 20, 6:26*pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message

How about easily creating an unlimited supply of carbonado (aka
diamond) of any size and volume?

All that would do is ruin a perfectly good diamond market.

*http://groups.google.com/groups/search
*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / "Guth Usenet"

It would up the IC performance and improve multiple other
technologies, not to mention making terrestrial diamonds dirt cheap.

Ever heard of pure carbon tether fibers?