A human Mars mission?

Old August 10th 03, 05:53 PM
Christopher

Default A human Mars mission?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:37:23 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:43:04 GMT, in a place far, far away,
(Christopher) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

You asked me to lobby Congress for you. It is customary to pay
lobbyists when they do so.

Not in my country you don't. Totally against the rules, and is
severly frowned upon.

You apparently don't understand the word "lobbying."

You apparently don't understand how our political system works.

It doesn't (necessarily) involve bribery, or money changing hands
between lobbyists and legislators. It simply means meeting with a
congressman and persuading (or attempting to persuade) him or her to
support some specific legislative action. However, most people who do
this do it for a living, so they need to be paid. I would as well.

Thats not allowed here. To persuade ministers to change legislation
is done in the House of Commons during Parliamentary debates, followed
by a vote and for specfic things at select committees where MP's can
put ministers and even the Prime Minister on the spot are the way we
do things, and for exceptional issues a judicial inquiry is
undertaken, tommorw one starts on Dr Kellys suicide, and who was
responsible, for the blame goes right to the top of the government.

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill
Old August 10th 03, 06:21 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Christopher" wrote in message
True, but the Danes took one at it look saw what a dump it was then
turned round and went back. The English were the first to stay and
establish colonys, so my 'argument' dosn't fail.

Really?

I guess New Amsterdam was a myth.

I guess Albany is a myth. I guess the Dutch settlements were a myth?

Sorry the Dutch established colonies in this part of the New World before
the Brits.

(Heck, I live 5-6 miles from Colonie. And every stream around here ends
in -kill.)

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill

Old August 10th 03, 06:37 PM
Christopher

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:23:54 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:53:07 GMT, in a place far, far away,
(Christopher) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:37:23 GMT,
h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:43:04 GMT, in a place far, far away,
(Christopher) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

You asked me to lobby Congress for you. It is customary to pay
lobbyists when they do so.

Not in my country you don't. Totally against the rules, and is
severly frowned upon.

You apparently don't understand the word "lobbying."

You apparently don't understand how our political system works.

I understand it just fine,

Somehow I don't think you do.

but your political system is irrelevant.

How so?

You described bribery, which is illegal here as well (though it's
often done), but has absolutely nothing to do with what I was
proposing.

No I described the fact you are not allowed to influence the way an MP
asks questions, he/she is your representative in Parliament. You can
write to them expressing your point but nothing more, the ONLY time
your point can be put to the government is at Prime Ministers Question
Time, and that is if your MP catches the Speakers eye..

We were talking about getting Congress to do something. I've
described how it's done. If you want to see it happen, you have to
pay me, or someone else, unless you can persuade them to do it gratis.

As I told you I am not an American so '*your* political system is
irrelevant'.

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill
Old August 10th 03, 06:44 PM
Christopher

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:21:18 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

"Christopher" wrote in message
True, but the Danes took one at it look saw what a dump it was then
turned round and went back. The English were the first to stay and
establish colonys, so my 'argument' dosn't fail.

Really?

I guess New Amsterdam was a myth.

I guess Albany is a myth. I guess the Dutch settlements were a myth?

I said Dane's not Dutch. Didn't they teach you geography at school.

Sorry the Dutch established colonies in this part of the New World before
the Brits.

Your part, but the English beat the Dutch with a colony in the south,
during the reign of Elizabeth 1.

Old August 10th 03, 10:27 PM
Jason Rhodes

"Christopher" wrote in message

Sad but true, you as an American have any objection to a private

none[sic]
American individual going to Mars? :-

Not really.

Cool. Be nice if NASA and your government had the same attitude.

Care to provide a reference for NASA and or the US government objecting to a
non-American private individual going to Mars?

Jason