Apollo: One gas environment?

Old May 13th 04, 03:40 PM
Ami Silberman

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
I always wanted to see them take on the Italians; that could be hilarious.

They did, or rather, the Italians, sensing blood, declared war on June 10,
1940, and invaded the French Riveria. Another reason why the Italians were
actually a detriment to the Axis in WWII. (By declaring war, they
accomplished nothing but getting the British involved in North Africa, which
sucked away German resources and gave the British practice in actually
winning.) One could argue, given that the Germans had to bail them out in
the Balkans, and ended up supplying the garrisons, that the Germans would
have done better with the Italians neutral. Time to break out one of my more
serious wargames on the subject and see if that is indeed the case...

Old May 13th 04, 04:37 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
Some of us are open-minded.

Having a mind like a seive is not exactly the same as being open minded.

I'm shocked by how badly
the occupation has been managed.

One key problem is that it doesn't seem as if the government were prepared
for success. Sorta like at the end of Finding Nemo, when his tank mates
managed to get to the ocean...but hadn't figured out how to get out of the
plastic bags afterwards.

It's a problem we all share- success is a *journey*, but we seem to treat it
like a *destination*.

Old May 13th 04, 04:40 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
At least I have always used legitimate e-mail addresses.

And you don't have a sticky shift key like the TRUE BELIEVER!

While not definitive, a stable email address and flexible shift key do tend
to separate the flakes from the kooks.

Old May 13th 04, 06:37 PM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

All that said, Mary, you must REALLY be in the mood for nausea to want
to see something so horribly, mind-numbingly awful. I suggest a perusal
of rotten.com instead . . .

Three cheers for "Stinky Monkey"!
Even rotten.com knew that the website needed a cute, personality-filled
monkey sticking its finger up its rear and sniffing at it... before
toppling from the tree.
And now, Taco John's has triumphantly jumped on the CPFM bandwagon with
"Whiplash, the Cowboy Monkey": http://whiplashrides.com/schedule.shtml
This small but sprightly simian saddlebuster is liable to _eat_ any
little chihuahua he comes across- like so much Purina Monkey Chow!

Pat

Old May 13th 04, 07:00 PM
Pat Flannery

Ami Silberman wrote:

They did, or rather, the Italians, sensing blood, declared war on June 10,
1940, and invaded the French Riveria.

Cut to image of sunglassed Italian troops running about on the beach,
pinching bathing-suit clad French girls on the rear; shrieks of terror
and yells of "El Duce!" and "countach!" fill the air.

Pat

Old May 13th 04, 07:26 PM
OM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:40:09 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" babbled

At least I have always used legitimate e-mail addresses.

....No, you changed it slightly three times, because that's how many
times I have you in my killfile, you twit.

And you don't have a sticky shift key like the TRUE BELIEVER!

....It's the spooge jamming the keys from watching that nude Frog
Foreign Legion porn site at least three times a day.

While not definitive, a stable email address and flexible shift key do tend
to separate the flakes from the kooks.

....And then again, everyone here knows how to e-mail me directly. It's
no secret, it's just spam prevention, and to fault someone for trying
to limit the amount of spam they receive is like faulting someone for
breathing.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 13th 04, 07:43 PM
OM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 09:35:18 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

I'm only following proper Usenet protocol by cutting the irrelevant parts.

....Not to **** on my support here, but if that's the case why are you
quoting *anything* from him? Pretty much everything he's posted is
irrelevant.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM