Apollo: One gas environment?

Old May 12th 04, 09:20 PM
Scott Hedrick

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
...He's full of assumptions like this, Scott. It's why I sent him to
Killfile Hell last night, where he can eat snails and quiche with the
Maxsons.

I'll be doing it soon, I just like to play with my food.

Old May 12th 04, 09:21 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
But we have some faaaaabulous parting
gifts for you for playing our game. :-)

Better than paaaaabulous farting gifts

Old May 12th 04, 09:25 PM
Ami Silberman

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
chooses. He's also free to tell me to wear a suit and tie every day or
not, or to tell me to come in at 4:30 a.m. and leave at 7:46 p.m. if he
wants, although I am free to quit if I'm unhappy.

He can tell you to be at work for 15+ hours per day on a regular basis?

Old May 12th 04, 09:33 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Henry Spencer" wrote in message
I would be very surprised if TSA's airport-security screeners are truly
race/color-blind.

I should hope they are not. Being politically correct and searching the
bloomers of retirees while going out of the way to even look at someone who
fits the historical profile is hurting security.

If the draft is revived -- which I understand has been mentioned, although
I'm not sure how seriously

Not seriously at all. Some Democratic yahoo mentioned it while complaining
that the all volunteer military was racist, since not enough rich white boys
were volunteering. Then Pat Tillman got killed, a rich white boy recognized
by a whole lot of people, who *walked away* from an NFL contract in order to
enlist, making the liberal arguement clearly and demonstrably *wrong*.

it will be interesting to see whether draft
boards are forbidden to consider creed when evaluating claims for
conscientious-objector status. They weren't last time.

"Conscientious objector" should *only* permit someone to either enter the
medical field, or be assigned to labor tasks (like janitorial work) on
stateside bases. It should *not* be allowed to let a physically able person
avoid service.

Old May 13th 04, 12:06 AM
Derek Lyons

(Henry Spencer) wrote:

In article ,
Brett Buck wrote:
Laws may only be as good as the societies implementing them.

There is no place in this country where the government is allowed to draw
distinctions based on race, color, creed, political affiliation.

I would be very surprised if TSA's airport-security screeners are truly
race/color-blind. (Remember, what matters is results, not theory -- pious
policies of color-blindness cut no ice in civil-rights suits, if they are
obviously not being enforced.) Oh, but that's in the name of "national
security", right?

I am very surprised that you cannot tell the difference between the
deplorable actions of individual and the policies of a goverment.

If the draft is revived -- which I understand has been mentioned, although
I'm not sure how seriously -- it will be interesting to see whether draft
boards are forbidden to consider creed when evaluating claims for
conscientious-objector status. They weren't last time.

They cannot ignore creed by definition. They very act of applying for
conscientious-objector status makes creed an issue. The key
difference is that it is the *individuals* choice to make the issue,
not an institutional one.

As for political affiliation, last I heard, that applied only if your
political affiliations were not to organizations that were deemed (by
sometimes-unclear criteria) to have terrorist connections.

And before that, if your political affiliation was to organizations
connected with Communism. So what? The body politic of this nation
has a long history of acting against those who wish it ill.

It's simply a non-issue.

"None so blind as those that will not see."

Including those who will blindly attack anothers country without a
shred of a clue.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
Old May 13th 04, 01:31 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Ami Silberman" wrote:
He can tell you to be at work for 15+ hours per day on a regular basis?

If you're an "exempt" employee (and I am), he sure can.

My boss sucks and the work environment is abominable. If only I weren't
self-employed.

Old May 13th 04, 02:19 AM
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
If you did this, they would have a
full scale uprising on their hands.

That's what fuel-air bombs are for.

Ah, fire-bombing ... like Dresden and Coventry!

.... ah, but that is the point, even moderates (and perhaps even
many westerners) start believing that nuking New York City is
justifiable. Hopefully neither side is that stupid.

You have no idea how this whole thing is playing in the Middle East.

We have a lot of fuel-air bombs. If we run out of those, we have worse.

I think I am starting to realise, just how badly the USA has lost this war.
Morally, if not physically. Certainly the very surprising attitudes
of people around here, justifying torture and worse, is shocking.

Someone remind me again, why the USA backed out of the
International Court of Justice?

Nick

Old May 13th 04, 02:29 AM
Paul F. Dietz

Nicholas Fitzpatrick wrote:

I think I am starting to realise, just how badly the USA has lost this war.
Morally, if not physically. Certainly the very surprising attitudes
of people around here, justifying torture and worse, is shocking.

I've been thinking this would be the trend for a long time. Noone
commits atrocities without having some internal justification, and
too much of the rhetoric has looked like people talking themselves
into accepting genocide.

Paul
Old May 13th 04, 02:46 AM
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Nicholas Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
Oh, and you have me again. Scott, I may have to surrender ...

My goodness, I didn't realize you were French :P

Your kidding right? Since when did the French ever admit they
were wrong?

(mind you, a few other nations come to mind too!)

Nick

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM