Attaching a digicam to a telescope: description and pictures

Old July 12th 03, 10:44 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Default Attaching a digicam to a telescope: description and pictures

is at:
http://www.astunit.com/tonkinsastro/digicam/digicam.htm

I hope someone finds it useful, for ideas if nothing else.

Best,
Stephen

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old July 12th 03, 05:38 PM
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:20:17 +0100, in uk.sci.astronomy , Martin Frey
wrote:

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

is at:
http://www.astunit.com/tonkinsastro/digicam/digicam.htm

I hope someone finds it useful, for ideas if nothing else.

Best,
Stephen

The really neat trick is how you manage to take pictures of the
digicam with the digicam...

*obviously*, he took a picture of a /photo/ of the digicam....

honestly, some people... :-)

--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Old July 14th 03, 08:21 PM
Chris.B

Stephen Tonkin wrote in message ...
Martin Frey wrote:
The really neat trick is how you manage to take pictures of the digicam
with the digicam...

For a small fee (well, OK, maybe not *so* small) I might be persuaded to
reveal my innovative recursive technique. I learned it as a 6-year old,
when my sister and I used our little cameras (she with a Brownie box, me
with a VP twin) to take photos of each other taking photos of each other
in order to see what would happen.

Best,
Stephen

OT Stephen! But thankyou for sharing. g

Funky Foam! (again)

A bit of pvc plumbing pipe (lined with black funky foam) allows me to
fit my unthreaded Sony P71 lens squarely (and on axis) onto 1.25"
eyepieces. Without damaging anything. Though still handheld. I switch
off the powersaving function (in the menu) to avoid that irritating
premature withdrawl. I wish I could report that my images are now
better than Kev's or Ian Kings's. But artists are born not made. I
merely "dabble".

Chris.B
Old July 14th 03, 09:40 PM
Stephen Tonkin

Robert Geake wrote:
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Dont get that!

C'mon, Robert -- what is the denary equivalent of binary 10 ?

Best,
Stephen

--