You think?

Old July 14th 03, 03:18 PM
Stuart Levy

Default You think?

In article , Cathy wrote:
The scopes in the study come with the place?

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1023988310

I bet they do. Otherwise surely they'd have to change the street name.
How could anyone be allowed to live on Astronomers Road and not have
a telescope in your private dome?

And, the house is in Benson, AZ, immortalized in the theme to the movie
Dark Star. It's 'way too cosmic.

(I visited my parents in Tucson this spring, and we stopped
at Benson so I could take a picture of its town sign!)

Stuart
Old July 14th 03, 07:15 PM
Florian

If we all chip in 5-10k we can have our own S.A.A. emporium. Looks big
enough to have dob owners in one wing and the Apo gang in the other, =

with
the catadioptric crowd in the middle to work as bouncers.

Sounds good. Count me in... ;-)

-Florian
Stargazing.com

Old July 14th 03, 11:31 PM
socalsw

Cathy wrote in message ...
The scopes in the study come with the place?

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1023988310

Is it just me, or is something missing in this list:

Property Features

Single Family Home
Area: Cochise
County: Cochise
1990
11 bedroom(s)
9 bath(s)
breakfast area
family room
formal dining room
6563 sq. ft.
Clothes dryer
Clothes washer
laundry room
2 fireplace(s)
Living room fireplace
Carpet
Ceramic tile flooring
Vinyl flooring
Central air conditioning
Forced air heat
Dishwasher
Refrigerator
Microwave oven
Range and oven
horse facilities
Horse(s) allowed
Covered patio
Second residence
Chain link fence
Indoor spa
Hill/mountain view
55.60 acre(s)
Bottled gas
Septic sewer system
Well pump

How 'bout observatory?
Old July 15th 03, 12:01 AM
Orion

Looks like a dream-come-true to me!
Orion

"Cathy" wrote in message
The scopes in the study come with the place?

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1023988310

---

Old July 15th 03, 03:06 AM
Cathy

You have 55.60 acres to observe. What missing is my chauffeur and
assistant. I'll cook and clean.

Old July 15th 03, 03:23 AM
martyp

Funny thing is I could sell my 3 bedroom house just north of San Francisco
and put more then half down.....

Martin Poles

Old July 15th 03, 03:45 AM
Cathy

I can do the other half. We can make it a two family!

Old July 15th 03, 05:53 AM
Orion

Sounds like good karma to me!
Can I visit?
I'll bring my own telescope!

Orion

Old July 15th 03, 03:07 PM
Bob Schmall

Hmmmmm...
11 bedrooms and 9 baths, and it's zoned as a single family home. Wonder what
shape it's in, having been lived in by all those kids, uncles, aunts,
granparents, brothers-in-law, etc? Or is it just Benson's zoning?
Sounds more like Star Hill West than a single-family home.

Bob