Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright fireball on Jupiter

Old September 11th 12, 01:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Default Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright fireball on Jupiter

EXPLOSION ON JUPITER: Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright
fireball on Jupiter--apparently the result of a small asteroid hitting
the planet during the early hours of Sept. 10th. As the fireball fades,
attention turns to possible debris around the impact site. Observers
will be monitoring the region in the nights ahead to see what surfaces.
Check http://spaceweather.com for images and updates.
Old September 11th 12, 05:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 11, 5:58*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
EXPLOSION ON JUPITER: Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright
fireball on Jupiter--apparently the result of a small asteroid hitting
the planet during the early hours of Sept. 10th. *As the fireball fades,
attention turns to possible debris around the impact site. *Observers
will be monitoring the region in the nights ahead to see what surfaces.
* Checkhttp://spaceweather.comfor images and updates.

Why yes indeed, and if that item of perhaps nearly the size of our
moon had encountered Earth instead, we'd all be dead by now.

The Sirius Oort cloud offering at least a thousand fold greater mass
than our Oort cloud has to work with, is currently arriving at gates
01 through 666, and it'll be unavoidably interacting with our Oort
cloud, plus sharing a few items with NEO potential of less than 1r,
that should brighten up future days for thousands of years to come as
Sirius passes to within a light year of us.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

Old September 11th 12, 06:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

[...]

A gas giant like Jupiter tends to envelope and sequester or blanket
whatever it encounters before the item explodes into creating its
enormous photon output that only a very small percentage is detected
by us. Unlike Earth whereas the extremely thin atmosphere allows for
an extremely bright display of a falling star or rather that of an
asteroid encounter to show up at essentially full brightness potential
as viewed from the surface and especially as viewed from LEO or
further away. Whatever encountered Jupiter was perhaps worth at least
1000 km diameter to begin with.

Old September 11th 12, 07:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Well looky here, Brad.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=guth+site%3Acrank.net

Old September 11th 12, 09:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 11, 11:23*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
* *Well looky here, Brad.
* *http://www.bing.com/search?q=guth+site%3Acrank.net

So you actually have nothing of any proof or even deductive science
interpretations otherwise. Why didn't you just say so?
Old September 12th 12, 10:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On Sep 11, 8:58*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
EXPLOSION ON JUPITER: Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright
fireball on Jupiter--apparently the result of a small asteroid hitting
the planet during the early hours of Sept. 10th. *As the fireball fades,
attention turns to possible debris around the impact site. *Observers
will be monitoring the region in the nights ahead to see what surfaces.
* Checkhttp://spaceweather.comfor images and updates.

Debris around the impact site? Debris in the...clouds??! You'll
never see the impact site, assuming Jupiter even has any kind of a
surface.
Old September 13th 12, 12:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
RichA wrote:
On Sep 11, 8:58*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
EXPLOSION ON JUPITER: Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright
fireball on Jupiter--apparently the result of a small asteroid hitting
the planet during the early hours of Sept. 10th. *As the fireball fades,
attention turns to possible debris around the impact site. *Observers
will be monitoring the region in the nights ahead to see what surfaces.
* Checkhttp://spaceweather.comfor images and updates.

Debris around the impact site? Debris in the...clouds??! You'll
never see the impact site, assuming Jupiter even has any kind of a
surface.

When Shoemaker/Levy hit Jupiter on the side we couldn't see, the impact
sites stayed impacty-looking long enough to be photographed by Hubble
when they rotated into view hours later.

It must have been miraculous timing for more than one amateur astronomer
to witness this. How long did the fireball last?

--
Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

Old September 13th 12, 02:09 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
William Hamblen[_2_]

On 2012-09-12, Paul Ciszek wrote:

It must have been miraculous timing for more than one amateur astronomer
to witness this. How long did the fireball last?

The flash lasted about a second. George Hall's video is on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_1-OA2TWpA.

Bud

Old September 17th 12, 02:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
[...]

Goofy

Have you ever heard of "ignorance"? Ignorance is a common afliction,
entirely understandable in todays world where knowlege is doubling every few
years.

"Ignorantia affectada" ...translates as..... "Cultivated Ignorance" is
another matter entirely. You have taken the practice to new hights...you
****ing idiot!

Old September 18th 12, 01:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sep 11, 5:58*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
EXPLOSION ON JUPITER: Amateur astronomers are reporting a bright
fireball on Jupiter--apparently the result of a small asteroid hitting
the planet during the early hours of Sept. 10th. *As the fireball fades,
attention turns to possible debris around the impact site. *Observers
will be monitoring the region in the nights ahead to see what surfaces.
* Checkhttp://spaceweather.comfor images and updates.

Why yes indeed, we've once again been saved by Jupiter, because should
that item of perhaps nearly the size of our moon had encountered Earth
instead, we'd all be quite dead by now.

The Sirius Oort cloud offering at least a thousand fold greater mass
than our Oort cloud has to work with, is currently arriving at gates
01 through 666, and it'll be unavoidably interacting with our Oort
cloud, plus sharing a few items with NEO potential of less than 1r,
that should brighten up future days and nights for thousands of years
to come as Sirius passes to within a light year of us.

A gas giant like Jupiter tends to envelope and sequester or blanket
whatever it encounters before the item explodes into creating its
enormous photon output, that which only a very small percentage of its
demise is detected by us. Unlike Earth whereas the extremely thin
atmosphere allows for an extremely bright display of a falling star or
rather that of an asteroid encounter to show up at essentially full
brightness potential as viewed from the surface and especially as
viewed from LEO or further away.

Whatever encountered Jupiter was perhaps worth at least 1000 km
diameter to begin with.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

Amateur Radio Astronomers Reporting Solar Bursts ... W. eWatson[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 2 January 11th 10 05:33 AM
Fireball reporting Ed Majden Research 0 March 30th 05 09:59 AM
Fireball reporting Ed Majden Astronomy Misc 0 March 29th 05 06:19 PM
Fireball reporting Ed Majden Amateur Astronomy 0 March 29th 05 06:18 PM
Fireball/Meteor Reporting? BC Amateur Astronomy 3 December 11th 03 04:54 PM