Is Mt Pinos inS. California still open for observing? (In Southern CA)

Old September 14th 12, 06:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Fred the Red Shirt

Default Is Mt Pinos inS. California still open for observing? (In Southern CA)

I found a webpage describing observing in the parking lot there but it
was last updated in 2001. Is the site still open to the public at
night?

--

FF

Old September 15th 12, 07:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jan Owen

On Friday, September 14, 2012 10:15:16 AM UTC-7, Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
I found a webpage describing observing in the parking lot there but it

was last updated in 2001. Is the site still open to the public at

night?

--

FF

I'm not from California (Arizona spoken here), but I still see references to observing at Mt. Pinos, so I'd assume (dangerous as that can be) that one can still observe there... Don't have any details other than that, though...