President Bush / Astro - Relevant

Old September 16th 03, 10:56 PM
Al

Default President Bush / Astro - Relevant

You asked every engineer and scientist you encountered in the defense
industry what political party they belonged to? You must be a
Republican, too!

Anyway, if the 80% number were true it would be because they know which
party butters their bread with squandered dollars.

Davoud

I'm sure you must be very unhappy living in this country with an
administration that is not of your choosing. I feel your pain, as I had to
endure 8 years of the same before President Bush took office. Well, you
could take solace knowing that it will be over soon...only 5 more years to
go.

Al

"Davoud" wrote in message
Zane:
By far most of the engineers and scientists I've met in the defense
industry are Republicans. I'd estimate 80%.

*****

Old September 16th 03, 11:46 PM
Cathy

bwhiting wrote:

Well, at least its only 80%....
ALL the welfare and food stamp recipients
(100%) are of the other persuasion.

They're independants?

Old September 17th 03, 01:49 AM
Ratboy99

I guess Davoud is against defense

Apparently so.

I've noticed that people working in defense tend to be for it. Good thing, IMO.
rat
~( );

email: remove 'et' from .com(et) in above email address
Old September 17th 03, 02:09 AM
Davoud

bwhiting:
Well, at least its only 80%....
ALL the welfare and food stamp recipients
(100%) are of the other persuasion.

Attacking the indigent -- in fact, blaming the poor for wanting to be
poor so that they can receive welfare and food stamps -- is beyond
reprehensible, and it's also a lie. The vast majority of poor in this
country are working poor. And the poor receive only a small fraction of
the welfare distributed by the Federal Government; the great majority
of it goes to the rich and the super-rich in the form of tax breaks,
subsidies, grants, write-offs, and other schemes.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old September 17th 03, 10:42 AM
Doogie Hoosier

"Al" wrote in message t...
Big surprise that Al and his
bible-infatuated ilk don't even bother trying to refute them, but
resort to name-calling instead; that's all they can do

Please show me where I called Linwood a name. I can save you the time of
searching, because I did not resort to name calling as you are doing. BTW,
I know _MANY_ scientists who are true blue Republicans. Sleep well tonight,
we have everything under control.

Al

You told him to "screw off." Is that better than name-calling?

Doug Hosey
Old September 17th 03, 12:31 PM
Indianaradio

Yep, It's better in my book
Old September 17th 03, 10:31 PM
Allison Kirkpatrick

Zane wrote in message . ..
By far most of the engineers and scientists I've met in the defense
industry are Republicans. I'd estimate 80%.

Oh, really? Do those 80% use astrology to guide their lives, like the
Reagans did? Do they think that the earth is 6000 years old and that
Darwinian evolution should not be taught in schools, as do most of the
Republican leadership?
Old September 17th 03, 11:20 PM
Al

"Allison Kirkpatrick" wrote in message
om...
Zane wrote in message

. ..
By far most of the engineers and scientists I've met in the defense
industry are Republicans. I'd estimate 80%.

Oh, really? Do those 80% use astrology to guide their lives, like the
Reagans did? Do they think that the earth is 6000 years old and that
Darwinian evolution should not be taught in schools, as do most of the
Republican leadership?

Wow! You know so much about Republican leadership. From where do you get
your information?...From the bathroom wall at the train station?

Al

Old September 18th 03, 10:11 PM
Howie Glatter

Phil Wheeler wrote

I guess Davoud is against defense . .

I guess the historical memory of some is too aberrated to know that
the Department of Defense was named the Department of War, before some
politicians decided to pay homage to George Orwell by practicing
Newspeak. Of course, military expenditures can be used for defending
against unprovoked external attack or aggressing in unprovoked
"premptive" war.
I wonder which of these was the case when the U.S. government
covertly and/or overtly attacked democratically elected governments in
Iran, Guatamala, Chile, the Dominican Republic, and attemted to do so
in Venezuela last year.

H.