Before the Big Bang?

Old September 11th 06, 02:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
kenseto[_1_]

Default Before the Big Bang?

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
kenseto wrote:
"Radium" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

The answer to your question is in the paper entitled "The Origin of the
Universe as Interpreted by Model Mechanics" in my website:
http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/index.htm

Ken Seto

Seto's immortal fumbles
http://www.google.com/search?q=seto+...ers.pandora.be

Seto is a registered crank at crank dot net
http://www.google.com/search?q=seto+...Awww.crank.net

Wormy is a runt of the SR experts.
Definition for a runt of the SR experts:
A moron who thinks that SR is a religion. An idiot who doesn't
know the limitations of SR. A mental midget who can't comprehend
beyond what he was taught in school. An imbecile who follows
the real experts around like a puppy and eats up their **** like
gourmet puppy chow. An Asshole who will attack anybody who
disagrees with SR

Ken Seto

Old September 11th 06, 04:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Mark Earnest

"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message
On 10 Sep 2006 09:35:09 -0700, "Radium" wrote:

Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

Sadly, its a question that can't be answered, yet its so interesting.

Something like this question may be answerable. Time is a property of
our universe,

It is not! Time marches on independently of the universe!

and it began when the universe began, so the concept of
"before" isn't easily defined.

Totally warped thinking, to think time did not exist until the Big Bang.
There was a bang, wasn't there?
What set off the bang!
Something in time.

However, if theory and experiment
ultimately support the existence of one or more hyperuniverses, then the
_cause_ of the Big Bang in that larger context could be understood, even
if "before" isn't exactly the right way of putting it.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Old September 11th 06, 04:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:24:46 -0500, "Mark Earnest"
wrote:

It is not! Time marches on independently of the universe!

I'm glad you're so confident of that. Very few physicists (myself
included) would agree, however.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old September 11th 06, 04:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Sam Wormley

Radium wrote:
Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

Sadly, its a question that can't be answered, yet its so interesting.

Regards,

Radium

See: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Wh...g+bang%3F%2 2
Old September 11th 06, 05:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)[_1_]

Dear Mark Earnest:

wrote:

Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

Sadly, its a question that can't be answered, yet
its so interesting.

Something like this question may be answerable.
Time is a property of our universe,

It is not! Time marches on independently of the
universe!

Can you prove this? Time seems very much to be a property of
this Universe.

and it began when the universe began, so the
concept of "before" isn't easily defined.

Totally warped thinking, to think time did not
exist until the Big Bang. There was a bang, wasn't there?

No. "Big Bang" is a misnomer that has carried on for years.

What set off the bang!
Something in time.

Something OF time, yes.

David A. Smith

Old September 11th 06, 09:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
Mdmeenken

"Chris L Peterson" schreef in bericht
On 10 Sep 2006 09:35:09 -0700, "Radium" wrote:

Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

Sadly, its a question that can't be answered, yet its so interesting.

Something like this question may be answerable. Time is a property of
our universe, and it began when the universe began, so the concept of
"before" isn't easily defined. However, if theory and experiment
ultimately support the existence of one or more hyperuniverses, then the
_cause_ of the Big Bang in that larger context could be understood, even
if "before" isn't exactly the right way of putting it.

well,
if the universe expands and then contract,then BB again,etc,
then there was a time before,because by contracting the time might go
backwards,yes?
IOW,when space is contracting time must contract too,because it's part of
spacetime
yes,or is it no?
just a thought,

marten

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Old September 11th 06, 10:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
BernardZ

In article ,
says...

[...]

Probably not.

Spacetime is contracting in a black hole yet time is going forward.

marten

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

--
The people that believe that the world is flat are proof that heaps of
time, huge amounts of scientific evidence, plenty of eyewitness

Observations of Bernard - No 104

Old September 11th 06, 11:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
George Dishman[_1_]

"George Dishman" wrote in message
"Ahmed Ouahi, Architect" wrote in message

So we do not know what the world was like back then
Either way it does not seem very conducive to life

For a few hundred thousand years _after_ the bang,
all the matter in the universe was in the form of
hot hydrogen/helium plasma, similar to the present
surface of the Sun. No life could have existed, in
fact not even any form of solid matter.

But there must have been something that suited life
Otherwise we would not be here

Think again.

Ahmed Ouahi, Architect wrote:
However, what you said, was a just a technically speaking, whether, it
allows to turn around a possible similarity betweem a biolology matter and
the universe itself, whether, as for instance, any biochemical process and
extremelly any environmental conditions, as for instance, along their
combinations, which would determine any reactions as any overreaction along
the universe.

Therefore, all the chemical molecules, that has had made the atmosphere,
along that matter, would be allowed a possibility, ...

No, at the temperatures during that period, molecules
could not exist. In fact even neutral atoms could not
exist. There could be no biochemical processes and
no chemical reactions.

... at least to try to
figure, that it has had been, along that matter, a definitely allowed to
diminish the sun by a just to make it a farther as to allow the creations to
get, more or less, an appropriate sunlight, for appropriate life as to allow
a most of anything to be a visible, a definitely as a matter a fact.

P.S- along some cases, the thinking delay the perception!

p.s. I think you need to practice your English!

Old September 11th 06, 12:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
tomgee

Chris L Peterson wrote:
On 10 Sep 2006 09:35:09 -0700, "Radium" wrote:

Hi:

What happened before the big bang?

Sadly, its a question that can't be answered, yet its so interesting.

Something like this question may be answerable. Time is a property of
our universe, and it began when the universe began,

No. We don't know that it did. You are correct that time is
a property of the universe, but as such, it is a dimension no
different than the other 3 dimensions that define physical
quantities of objects. Where there are no objects, the four
dimensions cannot apply (except, of course, in our minds).

The physical quantity defined by the time dimension applies
to "events", which are defined as single points in space and
time. However, since in reality it can only apply to objects,
we can say that the 4 dimensions are properties of our
universe that apply only to discrete objects. The inference
to be drawn here is that space does not age.

If so, then space could have existed before the BB, as
absolute space, completely empty and timeless. The BBT
has space emptying out from it to define our universe, there
having been nothing, not space nor anything else, previous
to the BB. Of course, in that scenario, the BB evolved from
one stage to another in a process that ended in the BB. It
makes no sense to say that process occurred where there
was no space or anything else. The common explanation
is that the BB occurred in a so-called Great Void, an endless
expanse of what? - Nothingness, theysay.

That is all nonsense, of course. There is no Great Void any
more than there is a Great Pumpkin. My model of the
universe proposes that there is only absolute space, as far
as we can imagine, and that the contents of the BB emptied
out into abs. space to the extent that it defines even now the
ever-expanding edges of our universe.

In my model, the contents were the primordial soup of negative
mass that we call dark matter today. I.e., it had neg. mass that
was imbued with the energy of the explosion, which propelled it
far out into abs. space. Since it had no energy of its own,
being neg. mass, it was and still is invisible (to us), and sooner
or later it must stop moving when the impetus of the explosion
wears off. More importantly, the time dimension did not apply
to it, and it expanded in such a manner as can explain the
concept requiring the Inflationary Period, while providing an
alternative explanation for the concept.

so the concept of
"before" isn't easily defined. However, if theory and experiment
ultimately support the existence of one or more hyperuniverses, then the
_cause_ of the Big Bang in that larger context could be understood, even
if "before" isn't exactly the right way of putting it.

"Before" is indeed easily defined in the BBT by its supposition of
an explosion. It is silly for physicists to give weight to the idea of

multiverses while disdaining the necessity for a "before". Just
because we cannot ever know for sure what brought the BB about,
we cannot assume there was no "before" to it. Explosions don't
happen without a "before". IMO, if we must make an assumption
here, it should be instead that for sure there was a "before", if we
accept the BB concept even if we don't buy it in its entirety, we just
cannot ever know what it was.

Old September 11th 06, 12:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics.relativity
tomgee

Davoud wrote:
Chris L Peterson wrote:

Something like this question may be answerable.

I hope so!

Time is a property of
our universe, and it began when the universe began, so the concept of
"before" isn't easily defined.

Hmmmm. My reading and listening tell me that it is not known if time
began at the BB, or if time existed prior to the BB and the BB was an
event that occurred at a certain point in time. Tough question, but
perhaps answerable one day.

Davoud

Astute observations on your part! See my post to Chris. - Tomgee
--
usenet *at* davidillig *dawt* com