Viewing Sun with Baader Solar film

Old February 9th 18, 11:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Viewing Sun with Baader Solar film

Hi All,

With Baader Solar Film, Will I be able to see Granular view of Sun and Dark Spots?? I have Celestron 127 Power Seeker telescope.

Have any one used baader Solar film with Baader Solar Continuum Filter.. With this combination Will I able to see granule and flare/ Prominence ??

Regards
Ravi Pankaj
Old February 10th 18, 12:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Friday, 9 February 2018 05:54:52 UTC-5, wrote:
Hi All,

With Baader Solar Film, Will I be able to see Granular view of Sun and Dark Spots?? I have Celestron 127 Power Seeker telescope.

Have any one used baader Solar film with Baader Solar Continuum Filter.. With this combination Will I able to see granule and flare/ Prominence ??

Regards
Ravi Pankaj

Make sure if you mount your own, the film isn't stretched tought.
Old February 12th 18, 04:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Friday, 9 February 2018 16:24:52 UTC+5:30, wrote:
Hi All,

With Baader Solar Film, Will I be able to see Granular view of Sun and Dark Spots?? I have Celestron 127 Power Seeker telescope.

Have any one used baader Solar film with Baader Solar Continuum Filter.. With this combination Will I able to see granule and flare/ Prominence ??

Regards
Ravi Pankaj

Thanks All, For your Advise.
I mounted my own film in a box not much tight.. I saw two sunspots.. In 4 mm I was able to see umbra and Penumbra. not able to see granule and faculae may due to seeing condition;

Yes H-alpha filter is out of my financial reach

Regards
Ravi Pankaj
Old February 12th 18, 06:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Sunday, 11 February 2018 22:21:14 UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 16:24:52 UTC+5:30, wrote:
Hi All,

With Baader Solar Film, Will I be able to see Granular view of Sun and Dark Spots?? I have Celestron 127 Power Seeker telescope.

Have any one used baader Solar film with Baader Solar Continuum Filter.. With this combination Will I able to see granule and flare/ Prominence ??

Regards
Ravi Pankaj

Thanks All, For your Advise.
I mounted my own film in a box not much tight.. I saw two sunspots.. In 4 mm I was able to see umbra and Penumbra. not able to see granule and faculae may due to seeing condition;

Yes H-alpha filter is out of my financial reach

Regards
Ravi Pankaj

Seeing conditions viewing the sun are generally poor. You have to wait for those few seconds when it steadies out to see things like granulation.

Baader film solar filter for finder - an example canopus56[_1_] Amateur Astronomy 1 October 29th 07 02:52 PM
Baader Solar Film Quality - check for quality Robin Leadbeater UK Astronomy 4 May 17th 04 03:51 PM
Baader film Mark UK Astronomy 5 April 29th 04 01:17 PM
Baader film MDC UK Astronomy 1 April 27th 04 01:51 PM
Baader Solar film Joe Amateur Astronomy 7 October 6th 03 09:26 PM