MER-A is on the ground!

Old January 4th 04, 05:56 AM
OM

Default MER-A is on the ground!

....Strong signal is being received from the Rover, carrier is locked
by Goldstone, and the Rover finally settled right-side up. Landing bag
retraction will commence in ~2 mins.

And yes, the JPL folks are all over themselves with joy, and
deservedly so!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old January 4th 04, 05:58 AM
Graypearl

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message news
...Strong signal is being received from the Rover, carrier is locked
by Goldstone, and the Rover finally settled right-side up. Landing bag
retraction will commence in ~2 mins.

And yes, the JPL folks are all over themselves with joy, and
deservedly so!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

.... and there REALLY was great rejoicing ... hot f***in' damn!

Old January 4th 04, 06:05 AM
Damon Hill

"Graypearl" wrote in
hlink.net:

wrote in message news
...Strong signal is being received from the Rover, carrier is locked
by Goldstone, and the Rover finally settled right-side up. Landing
bag retraction will commence in ~2 mins.

And yes, the JPL folks are all over themselves with joy, and
deservedly so!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

... and there REALLY was great rejoicing ... hot f***in' damn!

Can I start breathing again? Lost my 'net video connection just before
touchdown.

Looks like the Great Martian Ghoul was distracted with the remains of
Beagle.

--Damon, shivering in the cold and snow in Seattle
Old January 4th 04, 06:18 AM
Scott Ferrin

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:05:24 -0600, Damon Hill
wrote:

"Graypearl" wrote in
thlink.net:

wrote in message news
...Strong signal is being received from the Rover, carrier is locked
by Goldstone, and the Rover finally settled right-side up. Landing
bag retraction will commence in ~2 mins.

And yes, the JPL folks are all over themselves with joy, and
deservedly so!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

... and there REALLY was great rejoicing ... hot f***in' damn!

Can I start breathing again? Lost my 'net video connection just before
touchdown.

Looks like the Great Martian Ghoul was distracted with the remains of
Beagle.

--Damon, shivering in the cold and snow in Seattle

NET CONNECTION????? Where?? :-)

Old January 4th 04, 06:23 AM
Damon Hill

Scott Ferrin wrote in
:

wrote:

Can I start breathing again? Lost my 'net video connection just before
touchdown.

Looks like the Great Martian Ghoul was distracted with the remains of
Beagle.

--Damon, shivering in the cold and snow in Seattle

NET CONNECTION????? Where?? :-)

www.jpl.nasa.gov in RealAudio

--Damon
Old January 4th 04, 07:04 AM
Bruce Palmer

OM wrote:

...Strong signal is being received from the Rover, carrier is locked
by Goldstone, and the Rover finally settled right-side up. Landing bag
retraction will commence in ~2 mins.

And yes, the JPL folks are all over themselves with joy, and
deservedly so!

OM

Yeah, baby!

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003

Old January 4th 04, 07:24 AM
Rob Jenkins

I am about to bust with happiness and pride over this.

12K MPH to a full stop in six minutes and its working. What the hell.

This ROCKS!!!!

Old January 4th 04, 01:45 PM
Wally Anglesea™

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:23:02 -0600, Damon Hill
wrote:

Scott Ferrin wrote in
:

wrote:

Can I start breathing again? Lost my 'net video connection just before
touchdown.

Looks like the Great Martian Ghoul was distracted with the remains of
Beagle.

--Damon, shivering in the cold and snow in Seattle

NET CONNECTION????? Where?? :-)

www.jpl.nasa.gov in RealAudio

--Damon

Yep, I watched the whole thing. Awesome, and nail-biting stuff.

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."