Post-Cantorian Post-Goedelian Theory

Old March 5th 06, 12:37 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Default Post-Cantorian Post-Goedelian Theory

Roy and Bill were having a discussion about interstellar payloads one
day and Roy let out with a shout;

Also I have presented a
post-Cantorian and post-Goedelian theory of mathematical logic.

and Bill replied with;

sigh

LOL

I am familiar with Cantor's theory of infinite sets.
I am familiar with Goedel's incompleteness theorem.

I am unfamiliar with the term 'post-Cantorian' or 'post-Goedelian'

A brief search of the internet shows that these terms are used mostly
in theological discussions - haha - which conforms with your earlier
statements about engrams - which also is a term used frequently in
certain theological discussions. lol.

http://www.huntington.edu/math/acms/...sumoto2005.ppt

Here is a call for Non-Euclidiena Post Cantorian Theology...

WHO CARES! haha...

are you sure you got your referents right? NO! DON'T ANSWER THAT!
lol.

* * * * *

Okay here's the deal. Everyone from Neal Walsch to Roy seems to claim
some sort of new religion for the new age of space... and the referene
of the power point presentation given above, seems to seek for that
very same thing.

Okay...

So, I vote for A COURSE IN MIRACLES view of things... namely;

1) If you are going to believe in an omniscient being called GOD who
knows everything and is all powerful too...

And,

2) There is obvious suffering in the world...

THEN,

3) You have two choices, you can believe;

3a) That God doesn't care about suffering;

OR

3b) That suffering is an illusion, created by us....

Another way to think about this, which I thought about it about 30
years ago when I was out on the town drinking with my buddies in
college, one of which was a failed Jesuit.. hahaha.

(hi Bruce!)

after we completed a final exam in a signal processing course... lol.

If we consider God a source of perfect knowledge, then our ability to
receive that knowledge is subject to the constraints of the
communication medium - and subject to the INEVITABLE *NOISE!*

Sin in this way of thinking is NOISE - and can be corrected, but not
eliminated, by increasing the signal to noise power ratio!

TO my mind this is consistent with the ACIM view of things - if anyone
cares - which means that all apparent suffering and sin and so forth -
is our giving meaning to the inevitable noise.

This has been worked up in the intervening years into something
somewhat credible...

http://signalplusnoise.com/archives/000438.html

I also recommend BEYOND FREEDOM AND DIGNITY by BF Skinner, as well as
DRAMA OF THE GIFTED CHILD by Alice Miller and PSYCHOANALYSIS AND
RELIGION by Erich Fromm.

Taken as a set they are very interesting.

I have read all of these, and I'm also re-reading CELLULAR AUTOMATA AND
COMPLEXITY by Stephen Wolfram - with these other works in mind... with
the idea I could create a mathematical formalism - but its all
hand-waving for now! lol.

But, please discuss here these topics - and avoid putting them in
INTERSTELLAR PAYLOADS and the like

ENJOY!

lol.

Old March 6th 06, 01:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy

I wrote:

Also I have presented a
post-Cantorian and post-Goedelian theory of mathematical logic.

Would you care to speak on the telephone? I would like to speak with
you.

A theory is a post-Cantorian, post-Goedelian, super-Euclidean theory, A
for axiom, an axiomless system of natural deduction in terms of the
foundations of mathematical logic in technical philosophy. I'm happy
to have discussed it, and would be happy to discuss it.

I do not consider myself a Wolframite. I browsed, read, _A New Kind of
Science_, and can be honest in saying that it really didn't do it for
me. Genetic programming is simply not a straight line, although it
does optimize. It's about what it is, cellular automata and so forth,
I think there are continua in nature. It's a great self-published
screed with the author holding the copyrights.

The universe is infinite. When I say universe, I don't necessarily
mean the physical universe, instead the realm or domain of discourse,
the universe of all objects, and their relations. When I say universe,
generally it means the entire universe.

Excuse me, I'm not Roy. Hi, Rand. Hey, Spencer. How's it going
there, Ian. Mook, Brad, Jacob, y'all.

Have a good one,

Ross