Coolest Amateur Telescopes

Old May 28th 04, 03:12 AM
Mean Mr Mustard

Default Coolest Amateur Telescopes

If you arrive at a Starparty with any of these you will be considered
alpha geek:

1. Questar 7
2. Any AP
3. Takahashi Sky 90
4. Televue Genesis
5. Any Starmaster

Top 5 dorkiest scopes. You will be considered a loser poseur if you
dare arrive with any of the following:

1. Anything Orion
2. Any Meade other than the LX 200
3. Any Celestron other than the 9.25
4. Homemade Dob
5. Televue 85
Old May 28th 04, 04:04 AM
francis_marion

I'm old enough to not be too concerned whether ANYONE thinks I'm cool or
not,
or if my telescope meets their idea of what is hot and what is not.

Some get there, some don't.

Good luck,
F Marion

Old May 28th 04, 05:30 AM
Tom Wales

"Mean Mr Mustard" wrote in message
om...
If you arrive at a Starparty with any of these you will be considered
alpha geek:

1. Questar 7
2. Any AP
3. Takahashi Sky 90
4. Televue Genesis
5. Any Starmaster

Top 5 dorkiest scopes. You will be considered a loser poseur if you
dare arrive with any of the following:

1. Anything Orion
2. Any Meade other than the LX 200
3. Any Celestron other than the 9.25
4. Homemade Dob
5. Televue 85

Now this is a TROLL!

Old May 28th 04, 05:44 AM
radical reptile

Your post pretty much sums up the degeneration
of amateur astronomy I've seen in the last 30 years
to a hobby where you merely show off how much
money you can spend on it.