Double-A Is Back!

Old June 1st 14, 11:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Double-A Is Back!

I just stumbled upon a copy a Portland City ordinance authorizing a couple years of my work for the Water Bureau! Amazing what can be found online these days! This might look good clipped to the back of a resume!

Double-A

Old June 2nd 14, 04:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:06:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
"Like a poem poorly written

We are verses out of rhythm,

Couplets out of rhyme,

In syncopated time

And the dangled conversation

And the superficial sighs,

Are the borders of our lives."

- Simon & Garfunkel

Was in the hospital for a week. They pumped me full of antibiotics and cleaned me up both inside and out. Am now staying in a transitional housing room in downtown Portland courtesy of the local hospitals for benefit of the homeless. Getting free medical care at a downtown clinic. Medicare is now picking up the tabs so no more huge hospital bills to hang over my head..

Kim is still on the street, but I am buying her lunch once a week at a downtown food circus. When she gets enough for a MAX train ticket, she is very mobile.

First time I've been to the library for many months. Computers mostly available. The store nearby were I used to buy snacks has closed. Guess the rumors that it was moving were true after all.

I see some of you regulars are still posting here. Hi Bert!

Software has changed. Library may be limiting me to an hour now. Can't use Portland library because I have the wrong county library card so am at Cedar Mills.

Double-A

Double-A When inFlorida I fought Severn Trent Water.They were the first Mafia Corp. They over billed. I lost and so did all Americans.Once USA went CORPORATE it was all over.Think GMC Think Ford THink Progress Energy Think Best Foods(TANG)Mention Waste Management being Mafia to the press and the editor has a deaf ear.No such names as Mafia or Godfather exists. America is not "FOR THE PEOPLE" Its for the buck TreBert
Old June 2nd 14, 04:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Monday, June 2, 2014 8:22:45 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

And to think that your parents and grandparents created most of this mess, by letting the oligarchs, Bilderbergs and Rothschilds have their way with us.
Old June 2nd 14, 04:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sunday, June 1, 2014 2:06:59 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, May 31, 2014 10:32:04 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

Hagar gets to pay $.1/gallon, and isn't allowed to water house lawns and plants.

Future city water rates in some of the worse drought areas could reach $1/gallon.

Portland sells its water by the hundred cubic foot unit. The sewerage charge is usually based on water consumption, but is at a higher rate! Customer service explains that it is because they have to process sewage, so it is more expensive than delivering water. The city adds chlorine and ammonia which are supposed to kill those bacteria. They don't add fluoride, but the water district to the west does.

Another nice day here. On my way walking from the transit center, I came upon a farmer's market in a church parking lot. Same old flimflam. Lots of fresh strawberries, yet I seem to recall that strawberries don't ripen around here for another couple of weeks. The large sized vegetables they sell look California grown. They just don't grow that big around here! At least they never did in my garden.

I walk past the Tigard City Hall on my way to the library. The area looks more rural than the center of a city, but with some industrial buildings scattered about.

I'm glad I get to come to this library now. The Internet computers sit mostly unused. Don't think my "luxury" motel has free WiFi, but I am enjoying the full cable channel access.

The motel seems to be doing lousy business. Looks like only a handful of long term residents like myself are staying there. This just aren't pulling people off the road to fill the units at night. There visibility is bad.. A row of units in the back look nicer. I think it was added later. This at a time when every fleabag hotel in downtown Portland has no vacancy. At least here I have my own private toilet and shower.

When I was living in the ancient and decrepit Henry Building downtown, every once in a while someone would walk down the hall saying, "Living the dream!"

Double-A

Fresh/pure water is the new gold.
Old June 2nd 14, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

[...]

Waste Management seems to have taken over most of the garbage routes around here. Severn Trent sold the city of Portland a water billing system that bombed, and cost the city millions! I actually advised Portland not to go with Severn Trent because their system was unproven, but they ignored my advise to their peril. What about Monsanto and all their Frankenfoods? Some call then Monsatan.

Went down to the Old Town clinic today to have my legs wrapped by my favorite nurse. It is free until they figure out I am no longer staying at RCP. The nurse set me up for a free food handout next Friday. Now if only I could find a free beer handout! A local brewery just up the street from the clinic used to give free beer when you took the tour. Unfortunately they were bought out and closed down years ago.

One of the gals at RCP got to me via the nurse a list of other places to stay, but they mostly look to me like downtown flophouses. Problem where I'm at is I can't cook anything.

Double-A

Old June 2nd 14, 11:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, June 2, 2014 8:47:06 AM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

My father was a part of the greatest generation, and stopped the Nazi advance in the Battle of the Bulge!

Double-A

Old June 3rd 14, 04:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Monday, June 2, 2014 3:52:23 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Russians did most of the dirty work, and had to pay by far the ultimate price 22+ million times over.

Old June 4th 14, 05:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

Operatation over,and went OK Nurse coming tomorrow to change the dressings. I hope she takes a shower with me. That would be very nice,and should be her job O ya.Appleton Corp. wants to make piece and I can stay if I do not cause them any trouble.Going to US Justice Dept. FBI ,Att.General etc. Like I been posting for 22 years,:America has no "Bill of Rights' They also will lower my rent. I'd rather be in Vagas,Huntington Beach,or Hawaii. I did good.Massacusetts now has this"Sprinkler systems in every building that houses old people. I'm on TV.and in news paopers. Life story finished and will be aired on channel 5. When ????? but soon TreBert
Old June 5th 14, 12:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Greysky

"G=EMC^2TreBert" wrote in message

[...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hope you mentioned some of us old timers to the TV audience, Bert.
Especially those of us who are not here any more - like good old Nitebat for
example. I am sure he is smiling on you from hyperspace with Darla by his
side, but Darla will have to wait a while longer to take you in her
starship, eh...

G-

Old June 7th 14, 09:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

It has been sunny weather for the last week! Spring has finally arrived.

Thursday I went to the clinic as usual. Alicia, my favorite nurse, rewrapped my wounds as usual.

On Friday I came to the clinic again, but to get a 15 dollar voucher for some free food including fresh fruits and vegetables from a lunch wagon that looks like a well restored trolley car. Also to get some advice on finding an apartment. My problem is in still owing my old landlord $2,6000. I think they gouged me and so I don't want to pay them. But new landlords turn me down because of it. Dawn, the consultant, didn't think using single payer services would get me around that. But she thought bankruptcy would be a good idea if I could be absolutely sure that all that money in my bank account, solely from Social Security, is not attachable or distributable in the bankruptcy. I will talk to her again on Monday.

I have made it back to the library today and enjoying this lovely and quiet place.

Double-A