Universe's Biggest Mystery ????

Old February 15th 10, 11:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

Default Universe's Biggest Mystery ????

We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? Why??? I have some ideas to the
answer but will let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB TreBert
Old February 15th 10, 11:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Feb 15, 3:15*pm, bert wrote:
We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? *Why??? *I have some ideas to the
answer but will *let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB * *TreBert

I would like to hear a good definition of "space temperature". It has
to be different from "air temperature".

Double-A

Old February 15th 10, 11:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
JeffRelf.F-M.FM   @.

Default  Measuring the temp. of the cosmos using an infrared thermometer.

The all·pervasive CMB is a black·body.

The peak* of the black·body is its temperature; at Safeway,
employees use special “guns**” to sense the black·body/temp. of milk.
*: the frequency with the highest intensity.
**: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_thermometer

A photo of an “Infrared Thermometer”:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rmometer_2.jpg
Old February 16th 10, 01:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_2_]

"bert" wrote in message
We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? Why??? I have some ideas to the
answer but will let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB TreBert

GOOGLE 'COBE' and you'll find the answer.
They know ... so don't even question it, BeeertBrain.

Old February 16th 10, 03:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"bert" wrote in message
We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? Why??? I have some ideas to the
answer but will let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB TreBert

If space indeed has any temperature at all, then it must be
something more than just a vacuum.

Old February 16th 10, 01:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Feb 15, 6:29*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:15*pm, bert wrote:

We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? *Why??? *I have some ideas to the
answer but will *let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB * *TreBert

I would like to hear a good definition of "space temperature". *It has
to be different from "air temperature".

Double-A

Yes its temperature is in micro wave energy. Air temperature is
inferred photons mostly coming from the sun. That guy Gamow prediction
on how hot this after glow so very accuratly he should have shared
that 1978 Nobel with Peebles,and Wilson. Life is not always fain I
know that TreBert
Old February 16th 10, 01:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Feb 15, 8:22*pm, "Hagar" hagen@sahm,name wrote:
"bert" wrote in message

We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? *Why??? *I have some ideas to the
answer but will *let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB * *TreBert

GOOGLE 'COBE' and you'll find the answer.
They know ... so don't even question it, BeeertBrain.

Hagar The reason you can't think is "You are a Google parrot." Your
posts prove this. Google can be friendly,but you let it rule your
life. Sad but true. TreBert
Old February 16th 10, 01:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Feb 15, 10:21*pm, "Mark Earnest" wrote:
"bert" wrote in message

We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? *Why??? *I have some ideas to the
answer but will *let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB * *TreBert

If space indeed has any temperature at all, then it must be
something more than just a vacuum.

Mark Few in this spacetime think of space being a void. My older post
going back many moons has this idea. :space energy + the compression
force of gravity created the very first big bang Short simple theory
makes it. TreBert
Old February 16th 10, 01:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 15, 7:21*pm, "Mark Earnest" wrote:
"bert" wrote in message

We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? *Why??? *I have some ideas to the
answer but will *let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB * *TreBert

If space indeed has any temperature at all, then it must be
something more than just a vacuum.

It's always full of quarks, electrons, positrons and photons. Perhaps
even enough quarks and photons to make up for the 95% missing mass of
our known universe.

How much does a zero Hz photon weigh?

~ BG
Old February 17th 10, 12:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"bert" wrote in message

We read about it in every astronomy book. "In every direction the
space temperature is the same"? Why??? I have some ideas to the
answer but will let you all go first. Yes it is the left over heat of
the BB TreBert

If space indeed has any temperature at all, then it must be
something more than just a vacuum.

It's always full of quarks, electrons, positrons and photons. Perhaps
even enough quarks and photons to make up for the 95% missing mass of
our known universe.

How much does a zero Hz photon weigh?

**You think too much with modern physics, which is a laughing joke.

~ BG