THREE FRAUDS THAT KILLED PHYSICS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 27th 07, 08:35 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique
Pentcho Valev

Default THREE FRAUDS THAT KILLED PHYSICS

FRAUD 1: The conclusion that reversible machines working between the
same two temperatures have the same efficiency IS A CONSEQUENCE of the
empirical fact that heat always flows spontaneously from hot to cold:

http://web.lemoyne.edu/~giunta/Clausius.html
"Ueber die bewegende Kraft der Warme" 1850 Clausius: "If we now
suppose that there are two substances of which the one can produce
more work than the other by the transfer of a given amount of heat,
or, what comes to the same thing, needs to transfer less heat from A
to B to produce a given quantity of work, we may use these two
substances alternately by producing work with one of them in the above
process. At the end of the operations both bodies are in their
original condition; further, the work produced will have exactly
counterbalanced the work done, and therefore, by our former principle,
the quantity of heat can have neither increased nor diminished. The
only change will occur in the distribution of the heat, since more
heat will be transferred from B to A than from A to B, and so on the
whole heat will be transferred from B to A. By repeating these two
processes alternately it would be possible, without any expenditure of
force or any other change, to transfer as much heat as we please from
a cold to a hot body, and this is not in accord with the other
relations of heat, since it always shows a tendency to equalize
temperature differences and therefore to pass from hotter to colder
bodies."

FRAUD 2: ANY irreversible process can be closed by a reversible
process to become a cycle:

http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/archive/00000313/
"A more important objection, it seems to me, is that Clausius bases
his conclusion that the entropy increases in a nicht umkehrbar process
on the assumption that such a process can be closed by an umkehrbar
process to become a cycle. This is essential for the definition of the
entropy difference between the initial and final states. But the
assumption is far from obvious for a system more complex than an ideal
gas, or for states far from equilibrium, or for processes other than
the simple exchange of heat and work."

FRAUD 3:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/
ON THE ELECTRODYNAMICS OF MOVING BODIES By A. Einstein June 30, 1905:
"...light is always propagated in empty space with a definite velocity
c which is independent of the state of motion of the emitting
body.....From this there ensues the following peculiar consequence. If
at the points A and B of K there are stationary clocks which, viewed
in the stationary system, are synchronous; and if the clock at A is
moved with the velocity v along the line AB to B, then on its arrival
at B the two clocks no longer synchronize, but the clock moved from A
to B lags behind the other which has remained at B by tv^2/2c^2 (up to
magnitudes of fourth and higher order), t being the time occupied in
the journey from A to B. It is at once apparent that this result still
holds good if the clock moves from A to B in any polygonal line, and
also when the points A and B coincide. If we assume that the result
proved for a polygonal line is also valid for a continuously curved
line, we arrive at this result: If one of two synchronous clocks at A
is moved in a closed curve with constant velocity until it returns to
A, the journey lasting t seconds, then by the clock which has remained
at rest the travelled clock on its arrival at A will be tv^2/2c^2
second slow. Thence we conclude that a balance-clock at the equator
must go more slowly, by a very small amount, than a precisely similar
clock situated at one of the poles under otherwise identical
conditions."

Pentcho Valev