Looking for used tripod

Old August 10th 03, 04:14 AM
Phyloe

Default Looking for used tripod

I have some large binoculars, Orion 10 x 70 MC Enhanced Giant, and they
are just too large to hold steady. I need a tripod I think. I was looking at
a small table top set up but thought I might be able to find a good used one
here. My main problem aside from the steady thing is that I am 6'6" and
tripods will not get the binoculars high enough for me when I am standing. I
had a camera tripod and placed it on the trunk of my car but it was too
wobbly for these 10x 70's. I decided that someone here may have an idea for
me. I plan to go look at Mars next weekend. Is there something more
effective I could build? I am handy with tools and could fabricate most
anything in my shop short of machine work or welding. TIA
Scott

--
If the countryside seems boring, stop, get off your bike, and go sit in
the ditch long enough to appreciate what was here before the asphalt

Old August 10th 03, 06:48 AM
Starlord

Pick up a copy of Shutterbug and check their listings.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund