ETX125 vs Nexstar 5i

Old August 9th 03, 07:31 AM
Alfee

Default ETX125 vs Nexstar 5i

I am planning to buy a computer telescope and still can't make decision
between ETX125 and Nexstar 5i. I heard from many newsgroup and users in my
place that Nexstar 5i has better optic. But I am attracted by the autostar
system and is ability to upgrade by myself. Anyone can give me comment about
these 2 telescopes and in my place Nexstar 5i is about US$200 more expenisve
than ETX125.
Thank you very much!!
Clear skies~~

Old August 10th 03, 05:48 AM
ETX_ASTRO_BOY

I've got the EXT-105 and several friends with 125s. I have to say that
they are optically very good. Mechanically they can stand some
improvement.

However i've had nothing but good service from Meade when I've had
problems with my scope. I can't talk about Celestron not having owned
one.

However there are a few differences that should e noted. The Meade is a
MAk-Cass design that really prevents you from being able to do any sort
of collimation.

The ETX comes with a tripod/Wedge assembly and the Autostar.

The Celestron can take standard SCT accessories, it is a bit faster
(brighter images) can be collimated does not come with the go-to
controller standard and does not come with a tripod.

Also the go to can not be updated like the Meade autostar can.

HTH

Craig

In article , says...