Mars The Iron Planet

Old August 12th 03, 10:24 PM
David Knisely

Bert posted:

Sorry David I know I read that there was an ariel problem. The fact is
they even added that these ariels are manufactured in Calif,and the
long bouncing trip by truck could have caused their problem. David my
news sources are better than yours (I read the Globe)

The "GLOBE"??? ROTFLMAO!!! What a dumpy rag (not even fit for lining bird
cages)! Are you *serious* about using the Globe as your source of
information, or are you just kidding?
--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 27-Aug. 1st, 2003, Merritt Reservoir *
* http://www.NebraskaStarParty.org *

Old August 13th 03, 12:39 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

David You ask anyone that lives in New England what paper they read on
Sunday,and they will say the "globe" Its a liberal paper. David you
must be a conservative,and be against the "Globe" That is why we have a
free press. I get my news from Larry King,and Jay Leno,and I'm in love
with Katy Couric. Bert

Old August 13th 03, 04:55 AM
David Knisely

You posted:

You ask anyone that lives in New England what paper they read on
Sunday,and they will say the "globe"

As usual, you were not specific on anything. A common supermarket tabloid is
known at "The Globe" (in the same class as the "Weekly World News", ect.). In
any event, most newspapers can't get their scientific facts correct (one
recently stated that Mars would come within "35 miles" of the Earth). Go read
the board of inquiry findings on the probes which were lost if you dare. It
wasn't an "aerial" problem (the probes don't have aerials, they have
*antennas*). The only probe which had an antenna problem was Galileo, and it
did not visit Mars. Mars Explorer failed before it reached Mars. Mars
Climate Orbiter was guided too close to the atmosphere of Mars and it burned
up due to a navigation error. Mars Polar Lander had its engine shut down too
soon and crashed. Your sources of information are *not* very good.

Old August 13th 03, 01:08 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

David I was just having a little fun with you. I don't knock stuff like
you do. Ariel,or antenna (no big deal) It was in a book I READ that
claimed antenna(aerial) problems caused loss of communication. I would
think to know what goes wrong with a space probe at such a great
distance and no computer telling you what is malfunctioning NASA is just
taking a calculated guess. Bert