Whatever happened to ...

Old May 12th 19, 04:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Whatever happened to ...

"palsing" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 10:48:28 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

*** I have better things to do than engage in a battle of wits with an
unarmed man.

Yeah, you have made this claim before, but it is a statement without teeth
since you have shown over and over again that you cannot support any claim
that you have made. It is you, after all, who seems to be unarmed.

*** In my defense, I can only cite one final example.
I am an Atheist and there is nothing, except a sudden appearance of God
himself, that could ever convince me that the is a God or that there ever
was a God or that he is responsible for anything in the Universe ... you
simply can't prove something that does not exist.
My wife, on the other hand, is a born again. She trots off to church every
Sunday and bible study once a week (how much of that rag can one study?).
As proof of God's existence, she points out miracles, such as the elderly
blind lady in Michigan who was wheeled into church where the preacher led a
prayer marathon and at the end, the lady jumped up and proclaimed that she
could see again ... ahh, God's miracles. When I point out that there are
still thousands of children dying daily around the world from hunger, she
counters that they simply haven't yet embraced the Lord. Here I thought all
humans were God's children ??
Replace Atheist with "Common Sense Realists" and the Born Again Believers
with the brainwashed Global Warming crowd and you have the perfect analogy.
Keep in mind that since the mid 70s the end of the World has been predicted
by your much touted "experts", but we still seem to be here, chipper as
ever, and the Earth just keeps on chugging along ... take a break, Palsing,
read a book, have a drink and perhaps go see a shrink ... you really need
it.

Old May 12th 19, 08:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 8:52:22 AM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

Keep in mind that since the mid 70s the end of the World has been predicted
by your much touted "experts"...

And your evidence for this claim is what, exactly?
Old May 12th 19, 08:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 8:52:22 AM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

Keep in mind that since the mid 70s the end of the World has been
predicted
by your much touted "experts"...

And your evidence for this claim is what, exactly?

*** Are you implying that other than that dingbat AOC who said we have 12
years and that floppy eared prince Charley of Camilla fame who stated in the
mid 90s that we have 18 years to get our act together or we will all perish
due to Heat and rising sea levels, no one else ever predicted the made up
dire consequences if we don't buy tons of carbon credits to save the world
??? I could take the time and dig out all those failed predictions, but
then I'd be playing right into your hand.
If you are so worried and convinced that we are on the path of destruction,
do what you have to do, Palsing. I'll pop another beer and just smile at
the utter stupidity of you hapless oafs.

Old May 12th 19, 09:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:59:17 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

You said 'experts'. Those people are definitely not experts. I don't pay attention to any of them, only to data.

You make a lot of worthless suppositions about me, and you are wrong most of the time. You haven't a clue about me. You haven't a clue about science, either, as far as I can tell. Lots of claims, zero evidence provided to support them.
Old May 12th 19, 11:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

*** You are right, I am not a climate scientist. I am an Electrical Engineer
and as such I have a good insight into the Electrical and Mechanical side of
physics.
The trouble with people like you is that, just like Born Agains glom onto
spending a lot of time on their knees and in pews, because that is the key
to the "hereafter", you latch onto any piece of exaggerated hype, generated
by such opportunists like Al "my crotch's on fire" Gore, who whip you guys
into a almost religious frenzy of impending doom and gloom. Do you really
believe that man can control something as volatile and unpredictable like
the Earth's climate/weather or whatever you want to call it ???
I challenge you, since you imply to know everything and have the appropriate
source for verification, to list the islands that have sunken into the
ocean. List the coastal lowlands that are flooded. Provide proof that the
sea levels are rising above and beyond the 1 cm or so per century, which is
the norm since the last ice age. Show me a picture of Mt Kilimanjaro
without ice and snow.
Other than your fertile imagination, you have nothing. You are right, I
don't really know a thing about you, but I do know one fact: you are not a
scientist ... that would also require a fair measure of good old Common
Sense, which you seem to be totally devoid of.

Old May 13th 19, 01:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

Well, I'm not a climate scientist either, but I 've earned multiple degrees, including both astronomy and physics, and as such, I have a good insight as to just how the scientific method works.

The trouble with people like you is that, just like Born Agains glom onto
spending a lot of time on their knees and in pews, because that is the key
to the "hereafter", you latch onto any piece of exaggerated hype, generated
by such opportunists like Al "my crotch's on fire" Gore, who whip you guys
into a almost religious frenzy of impending doom and gloom.

I'm none of those things, not even close. I'm skeptical of just about everything and need to read and study the evidence and the data before accepting anything from anyone.

Do you really
believe that man can control something as volatile and unpredictable like
the Earth's climate/weather or whatever you want to call it ???

Do you really think that mankind can dump about 40 trillion tons of excess CO2 into the atmosphere every year with zero consequences?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carbon-...ds-per-second/

"Last year, all the world's nations combined pumped nearly 38.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide into the air from the burning of fossil fuels such as coal and oil, according to new international calculations on global emissions published Sunday in the journal Nature Climate Change. That's about a billion tons more than the previous year."

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-change

https://www.newscientist.com/article...y-rising-seas/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...icial-islands/

Provide proof that the
sea levels are rising above and beyond the 1 cm or so per century, which is
the norm since the last ice age.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

"Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch per year."

Show me a picture of Mt Kilimanjaro
without ice and snow.

Best I can do...

https://skepticalscience.com/mount-kilimanjaro-snow.htm

Other than your fertile imagination, you have nothing.

No, there is quite a bit of good data out there, but, you know, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...

You are right, I
don't really know a thing about you, but I do know one fact: you are not a
scientist ... that would also require a fair measure of good old Common
Sense, which you seem to be totally devoid of.

Common sense is one thing and evidence is another. Do you really think that all scientists who support climate change have no common sense? Do you believe that they are not scientists at all? Now THAT would not be common sense at all!
Old May 13th 19, 01:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

*** Well, why don't you talk to the Chinese, the Indians, the Russians, the
Pakistani, the entire lot of the central and south African ******** and
beseech them to stop polluting ... if they are willing to stop, by all
means, I am with you and will try my best to reduce my carbon footprint

I challenge you, since you imply to know everything and have the
appropriate
source for verification, to list the islands that have sunken into the
ocean. List the coastal lowlands that are flooded.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-change

https://www.newscientist.com/article...y-rising-seas/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...icial-islands/

*** And you claim to have degrees on the subject ??? you must be joking.
Even though the world's oceans have different names, if the level of one
rises, the level of all oceans rise ... water seeks equilibrium, that's why
the best construction level is still a 20 foot length of 1/2" clear plastic
tubing filled with water. So, if these islands disappeared, as you claim,
shouldn't the sidewalks of Miami, Ft Lauderdale, NCY and any coastal city be
under several feet of water ??? But I guess I'm just don't get that good old
Palsing logic.

Provide proof that the
sea levels are rising above and beyond the 1 cm or so per century, which
is
the norm since the last ice age.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

*** More of the typical Palsing bull****. Show me a yardstick from the 70s
that shows progressively rising marking of sea level rise. You can't tell
me that not even one of you hand wringer had thought of that. But I think
someone did and there was no rise and to spare further embarrassment, they
ripped the stupid thing out and tossed it where it belongs.

"Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has
increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above
the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record
(1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of
an inch per year."

Show me a picture of Mt Kilimanjaro
without ice and snow.

Best I can do...

https://skepticalscience.com/mount-kilimanjaro-snow.htm

*** I said a picture, and not your typical 10 page litany of utter crapola.

Other than your fertile imagination, you have nothing.

No, there is quite a bit of good data out there, but, you know, you can lead
a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...

You are right, I
don't really know a thing about you, but I do know one fact: you are not a
scientist ... that would also require a fair measure of good old Common
Sense, which you seem to be totally devoid of.

Common sense is one thing and evidence is another. Do you really think that
all scientists who support climate change have no common sense? Do you
believe that they are not scientists at all? Now THAT would not be common
sense at all!

*** Not at all, Palsing ... the good Scientists stand on their own two feet
and won't touch this mental flatulence with a ten foot pole. It's the 97%
(the number your ilk loves to quote) that depend on Government funding to
prove that there is man made Global whatever who are the liars, the
cheaters, falsifiers of emails and data.
Remember, if you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul to
verify your story.

Old May 13th 19, 03:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

I agree 100%. The places on Earth that you mention are currently the bulk of the problem, and it appears that they will not be cleaning up their act anytime soon. Does this mean the rest of the world should just "fuhgeddaboudit it"? I don't have that answer and I doubt that anyone else does, either. I'm too old for it to ever make any difference to me and I don't carry a torch for either side. I would hope that things eventually work out for my grandchildren, but I can't worry about something that I can't control...

I challenge you, since you imply to know everything and have the
appropriate
source for verification, to list the islands that have sunken into the
ocean. List the coastal lowlands that are flooded.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-change

https://www.newscientist.com/article...y-rising-seas/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...icial-islands/

*** And you claim to have degrees on the subject ???

No, I never made that claim...

you must be joking.
Even though the world's oceans have different names, if the level of one
rises, the level of all oceans rise ... water seeks equilibrium, that's why
the best construction level is still a 20 foot length of 1/2" clear plastic
tubing filled with water. So, if these islands disappeared, as you claim,
shouldn't the sidewalks of Miami, Ft Lauderdale, NCY and any coastal city be
under several feet of water ??? But I guess I'm just don't get that good old
Palsing logic.

You really aren't very good at making cognisant arguments, are you...

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/globalsl.html

Take notice that red areas around Australia are where these islands exist, and they are about 20cm higher than the average global sea level.

Provide proof that the
sea levels are rising above and beyond the 1 cm or so per century, which
is
the norm since the last ice age.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

*** More of the typical Palsing bull****. Show me a yardstick from the 70s
that shows progressively rising marking of sea level rise. You can't tell
me that not even one of you hand wringer had thought of that. But I think
someone did and there was no rise and to spare further embarrassment, they
ripped the stupid thing out and tossed it where it belongs.

So, even data from NOAA fails to convince you. Perhaps you could find another Indian blogger to support your lame argument...

"Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has
increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above
the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record
(1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of
an inch per year."

Show me a picture of Mt Kilimanjaro
without ice and snow.

Best I can do...

https://skepticalscience.com/mount-kilimanjaro-snow.htm

*** I said a picture, and not your typical 10 page litany of utter crapola.

As always, if you think it is utter crapola, all you need to do is provide evidence otherwise... which you are completely unable to do... so, you've got nothing,,,

[...]

Yeah, well, about that tired old argument...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/u...act-check.html

"Researchers working in climate change do not receive atypically large paychecks, nor do they strike it rich from grants. The claim also ignores that internal research from oil companies affirms the scientific consensus on climate change."

See. even the oil companies agree that climate change is happening due to human activity...

https://newrepublic.com/article/1523...limate-science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global...spiracy_theory

"The evidence for global warming due to human influence has been recognized by the national science academies of all the major industrialized countries.[7] No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from the summary conclusions of the IPCC.[8]

Despite this scientific consensus on climate change, allegations have been made that scientists and institutions involved in global warming research are part of a global scientific conspiracy or engaged in a manipulative hoax..[9] There have been allegations of malpractice, most notably in the Climatic Research Unit email controversy ("ClimateGate"). Eight committees investigated these allegations and published reports, each finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct.[10] The Muir Russell report stated that the scientists' "rigor and honesty as scientists are not in doubt," that the investigators "did not find any evidence of behavior that might undermine the conclusions of the IPCC assessments," but that there had been "a consistent pattern of failing to display the proper degree of openness."[11][12] The scientific consensus that global warming is occurring as a result of human activity remained unchanged at the end of the investigations.[13]"

You can't possibly refute these studies... but, of course, you will, without a shred of evidence to support your position.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2016...for-the-money/

https://scholarsandrogues.com/2010/0...imate-profits/

"The research money available to climate researchers is approximately 0.04% of the revenues of fossil fuel industries."

Oh yeah, the researchers are getting rich, sure they are...

Do your homework before opening your steaming gob and embarrassing yourself yet again... as a science student in college, I did LOTS of research and have never forgotten why.

Old May 13th 19, 11:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

snip Palsing drivel

"The research money available to climate researchers is approximately 0.04%
of the revenues of fossil fuel industries."

Oh yeah, the researchers are getting rich, sure they are...

*** During my career as a Startup Engineer in Power Plants I have meet many
Federal Electrical Engineers, who were supposed to make sure the Federal
Investment were well spent. Taking to many of them after hours over a bunch
of drinks they pretty much all confessed that it it weren't for the
Government, they wouldn't have a job. Seems they were turned down by the
civilian sector time after time. The only reason, I assume, for this
misfortune is utter incompetence. And that applies to the 97% of your
vaunted Climate Scientists.

Do your homework before opening your steaming gob and embarrassing yourself
yet again... as a science student in college, I did LOTS of research and
have never forgotten why.

*** One more time, you dummy: there is NO man made Global Warming ... hence
there is nothing to research. Apparently it doesn't bother you to jump from
one lie to the next, glom onto doctored data and falsified emails and phony
pictures of disappearing glaciers, but you can't come up with one single
photo of Mt. Kilimanjaro without its summer snow cap ... you do good
research. Send me a note when the rising sea levels reach your ankles.

Has this ever happened? Joseph Nebus History 1 December 28th 13 04:40 PM
what happened to Forehead[_5_] Misc 11 December 9th 13 10:25 PM
What would have happened if ? chatnoir Astronomy Misc 0 November 1st 06 01:51 PM
what happened in here? http://peaceinspace.com Misc 3 April 2nd 06 04:59 PM
what happened in here? http://peaceinspace.com Misc 2 April 2nd 06 04:52 PM