Sagan's Contact

Old August 12th 03, 08:32 AM
pleasenospam

Default Sagan's Contact

what a great story... the movie isn't bad either!

I am auctioning off my own personal DVD copy of "Contact" the Special Edition on ebay at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=23 07&rd=1

ending at: Wednesday Aug-13-03 22:03:59 PDT
Current price: $5.95 Buy it now price only $8.95!!!

I am also auctioning off some DVD's of Eastwood flicks:

"A Fistful Of Dollars", ends Tuesday Aug-12 8:22pm PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=41 78&rd=1
the price is currently $5.95.

"For A Few Dollars More", ends Tuesday Aug-12 8:35pm PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=41 78&rd=1
the price is currently $5.95.

remember, if your browser breaks long lines you need to get the whole url into the
address window of your browser.
Old August 12th 03, 01:35 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

It was Kip Thorne that gave Sagan the idea to use a wormhole (vortex) to
go to the stars. Thorne made it possible for other physiists to express
very hypothetical ideas,and not be afraid of losing their credibility.
Bert

Old August 12th 03, 04:58 PM
Bill Sheppard

Bert wrote,

It was Kip Thorne that gave Sagan the
idea to use a wormhole (vortex) to go to
the stars.

Yeah, but a wormhole thru *what*? Thru 'nothing'?

oc

NOTE ANTI-SPAM ADDRESS: oldcoot88atwebtv.net
Change the 'at' to@

Old August 12th 03, 06:17 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi oc It was a wormhole using another dimension,that cut through the
folds of time and space(spacetime) Think of it like eating three flap
jacks one on top of the other. Eating them one at a time takes more
time. Worm holes are a short cut through space. Man will use wormholes
for faster than light communication in about 2,863,000 years from
now.(it won't violate SR) a short time 123,000 years later matter will
travel through wormholes. I predict it. Bert