Coal Fired Power Plants

Old May 8th 19, 10:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Coal Fired Power Plants

wrote in message news
IF mankind is still here, and has not polluted itself out of existence, then
future energy needs will be met with clean, reliable and unlimited nuclear.
All research should be in this dirrection.

*** We should be doing that right now. Unfortunately, too many of the wimps
still have flashbacks to "The China Syndrome" and what happened at
Chernobyl, which was entirely due to sloppy Russian design practices ... a
Nuke Plant without a solid containment building ???

In the 1978, the Westinghouse Corporation bought a huge site at
Jacksonville, FL, to build floating, sectionalized Nukes. They then were to
be towed to their final destination and bolted together. If anything major
failed, the idea was to unbolt that section and replace it with a new one.
If there was a meltdown, they would pull the plug and sink all the plant
sections, providing an endless supply of cooling water. Westinghouse planned
to use all Westinghouse parts, motors Distributed Control Systems etc, but
the Liberal Government under the Peanut Farmer Jimmy Cata thought that was
unfair to all the other manufacturers. The fact that it was Westinghouse's
idea and they finance the entire thing didn't matter to the Liberal duds.
Westinghouse simply told Jimmy "Up Yours" and they abandoned the plan,
leaving behind the World's largest Gantry Crane, which is now a nice rust
color and Westinghouse went the way og the Dodo.

Old May 8th 19, 10:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Notroll2016" wrote in message ...

"Hägar" wrote in message

Here is a summary of the of the World's Coal Fired Power Plants, active and
planned for construction. It is time for the Liberal Lefty Doomsday Loons
to pull their respective noggins out of their rectums and realize that the
US contribution to their dreaded Global Warming with CO2 emissions is a
fraction of a percent.
Good God, you brainwashed people are really stupid

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

***Hags can't help himself. He'd rather suck in coal dust than clean air.
He actually believes there is such a thing as "clean coal."

*** I never said there was CLEAN COAL, but once the coal has been burned in
the furnace and the exhaust gasses have been passed through Static
Precipitators and Limestone Slurry vats, the final gases do not contain any
traces of coal. Of course dumb-ass hillbillies like you are clueless, so I
wish you well with your solar panels and windmills.

Old May 9th 19, 05:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 2:43:51 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

*** I never said there was CLEAN COAL, but once the coal has been burned in
the furnace and the exhaust gasses have been passed through Static
Precipitators and Limestone Slurry vats, the final gases do not contain any
traces of coal...

Everything you say here is accurate, as far as I can see... but even the cleanest coal plants still create vast amounts of CO2... this is from November 2018...

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/...us_energy_home

"The term 'clean coal' is increasingly being used for supercritical coal-fired plants without CCS, on the basis that CO2 emissions are less than for older plants, but are still much greater than for nuclear or renewables."

Hopefully, the technology working on the separation and capture of CO2 will improve to the point that coal can compete, especially in China and India where it is not likely to be going away anytime soon.
Old May 9th 19, 10:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

*** All fossil fuel produce CO2. However, the Earth's vegetation "breathes"
COs and their exhaust is that poisonous gas known a Oxygen, which we need to
live. More CO2 ... more Oxygen, more plant growth, higher yield crops etc.
But hey, let me know how your solar panels and your very expensive windmills
work out for you.