CERN plans to build what the U.S. should have 23 years ago

Old January 26th 19, 01:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default CERN plans to build what the U.S. should have 23 years ago

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 6:33:21 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 4:43:31 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 8:55:32 PM UTC-5, Davoud wrote:
Ninapenda Jibini:

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Now *that* is some twisted ****!

You need a refresher course on the difference between a crime and a sin, Davoid.

Robbery and murder *are* immoral. The meaning of the word "moral" has become
distorted by our present society so that people often use it exclusively in
reference to sexual morality.

According to Scripture, Jesus forgives those who have sinned. It doesn't
restrict this to one particular _kind_ of sin. Thus, violation of the
Commandments "Thou shalt not kill" and "Thou shalt not steal" is included in the
domain of sin.

To say, therefore, that Jesus doesn't forgive criminals is to contradict Holy
Writ.

If you see some truth in his .sig, though, you are not entirely wrong. It's just
that it isn't quite worded right.

Jesus forgives sinners, and He forgives all sins, including those that are
crimes.

However, it is _not_ claimed by Scripture that Jesus *pardons* criminals.

And then, of course, there is the whole question of the limitations of Earthly
justice as opposed to Heavenly justice; for we cannot search the heart for
sincere repentance, among other things.

John Savard

The statement at the top is a half-truth. It would imply that if a sin has been made a crime, Jesus would not forgive one for it.

To call the statement "twisted ****" is also wrong.

There are some actions that while technically "crimes" are not sins, are not immoral, and for which forgiveness by Jesus would not be sought.

Old January 26th 19, 11:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ninapenda Jibini

A) You are arguing with a mentally retarded idiot.

B) The hook is set as deeply in you as in him.

C) This mean it is a day that ends in "y."

Carry on.

Quadibloc wrote in
:

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.
Old January 27th 19, 05:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 5:26:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:

There are some actions that while technically "crimes" are not sins, are not
immoral, and for which forgiveness by Jesus would not be sought.

Ever since the Fugitive Slave Laws were repealed, though, I didn't think the
United States had a serious problem in this area. (I don't consider Prohibition to
have put the status of the United States as a free country in question, even if it
was an unwise choice.)

John Savard