How 'bout the 8" newt then? was: Thoughts on Hardin 80mm refractor?

Old August 27th 03, 08:52 PM
Brian

Default How 'bout the 8" newt then? was: Thoughts on Hardin 80mm refractor?

Ok, so the short tube was short lived. Maybe I need to specialize my
equipment. Hardin also has an 8" Newtonian reflector on an equatorial
mount for under $500. This a good price for this scope? I'm guessing
it's the same as the dob, but on an eq mount.

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
Looking for an all-purpose telescope, one that does well at
high-magnification planetary observation, decent DSO viewing, and can
be used as a spotting scope for earth-bound viewing/photography so
small easily transportable package is a must. I see Hardin has an 80mm
f/6 short tube refractor for $299, with 9mm and 25mm eyepeices and a
EQ mount. Any thoughts on this scope? Anyone used one? I was thinking
about getting a barlow for it and veiwing Mars this week so any help
would be great!

Thanks-
Brian