Humph

Old April 6th 09, 10:54 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Humph

Nasa tv seem to have stopped mission live audio. Well at least I cannot find
it any more.
Only that awkward to access space station live thing.
Why cannot they leave things that do what they say on the tin alone and not
faff about all the time. Do they not understand we often have these links
bookmarked and expect them to work?
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old April 7th 09, 05:42 PM posted to sci.space.station
Dr J R Stockton[_24_]

In sci.space.station message .
com, Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:54:40, Brian Gaff
posted:

Nasa tv seem to have stopped mission live audio. Well at least I cannot find
it any more.

Florida Today, http://www.floridatoday.com/, have a link on many pages
to their copy of the video feed, and of course their staff have good
NASA contacts. Why not write to them, or to NASA itself, explaining the
situation?

I'd quite like an audio feed myself.

Using Firefox with the text size somewhat zoomed, NASA's home page looks
a bit silly. But perhaps they only care about 20/20 IE users.

NASA's http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/index.html offers audio
podcasts. But I cannot see a link to any other audio-only feed.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms
Old April 8th 09, 01:32 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

The daft thing is that the link is on the revamped pages but it dont bloomin
work!
I just hope they test their craft better than their website links.
I have also noted that the iss live link although it works it often drops
out for no apparent reason when the normal Nasa tv links seem to be working
fine.
I'd suspect that these all come from nasa headquarters so maybe they just do
not watch thier own output, or listen to it.
There is an audio only nasa tv of course but the quality is rubbish.
Also, recently the real media tv feed is often only having sound on one
channel for days before anyone fixes it.
Are these services perhaps done from an out of house contractor?
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dr J R Stockton" wrote in message
nvalid...
[...]

Dates - miscdate.htm moredate.htm js-dates.htm pas-time.htm critdate.htm
etc.

Old April 8th 09, 05:32 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Well the audio only stream is trying to get going but it keeps dropping out
and is so loud and distorted its hard to listen to.. what are they doing.
Have they not heard the..
If its not broken don't fix it?
Brian

--