Hardin Optical 8" Dobsonian Telescope

Old October 13th 03, 09:41 AM
Norvin Adams III

Default Hardin Optical 8" Dobsonian Telescope

http://hardinoptical.com/

I called Hardin Optical yesterday afternoon toll-free at (877) 633-8235 and
ordered a new 8" Dobsonian for $384 shipped from Oregon to Illinois. A very
nice lady named Leslie answered many of my questions. That kind of customer
service deserved my order for my very first telescope. They are currently
out of stock on it since they are replacing it with a newer version which is
suppose to have better bearings and is going to be white / ivory in color.
It should look like their 10" here...

http://hardinoptical.com/dsh10.html

Pretty good looking huh? The new 8" Dobsonians will be in at the middle to
end of next week and will be shipped when they come in as they are taking
orders for them now. I can't wait to get this fine piece of equipment. I
read a great review of the Hardin Optical 8" Dobsonian here...

http://members.tripod.com/irwincur/h...ical_dsh-8.htm

I think either a 6" or preferably an 8" Dobsonian are hard to beat for a
first telescope. It takes a lot of research to make an informed decision.
I was going to buy a used Orion Dobsonian off eBay, but I decided that it
might be a risk going with used equipment. I am a college student at the
University of Illinois in Springfield. I have a great professor in the
Astronomy class I am in, Prof. Charles Schweighauser, and he gave me a lot
of advice. He recommended the 8" Orion Dobsonian. I wanted to adhere to my
budget of $350. To my amazement, I found out that the Orions of about 2
years ago use to use the company that currently makes the mirrors and lenses
for Hardin.

I have also downloaded the free version of RealOne Player at
http://www.real.com/R/RC.060203r1cp_.....R/forms.real.
com/real/realone/realone.html?dc=1010109108&beta_bypass=true&bbits= true&type
=adfreq5&src=100103realhome_2_1_2_1_1,060203r1cp_h ome_adfreq5 and have been
watching "Jack Horkheimer: Star Gazer" episodes at...

http://www.jackstargazer.com/JHSG_DNLD.html

Keep Looking Up,
Norvin

Old October 14th 03, 04:48 PM
Norvin Adams III

"Geoff" wrote in message

That post looks a lot like an ad for Hardin doesnt it?

For the information of those on SAA, the exact same scope (Guan Sheng)
is also sold by Khan scope, Andrews Comms in Australia and many other
dealers.

BTW they are great value for money scopes .

It isn't an ad. I was just extremely satisfied with the service. That goes
a long way with me. I can't wait to get that telescope.

Norvin

Old October 15th 03, 07:54 AM
Norvin Adams III

http://hardinoptical.com/dsh8.html

The new version came out today. SWEET!

Norvin

Old October 15th 03, 02:50 PM
Dave Cole

Hardin has always been good to me... I bought my 11 there and they were
always nice, and seemed to genuinely care that I was a happy customer, even
after I bought the scope. I have purchased several other items from them
and have had zero problems. I live three hours from them and get there
maybe twice a year. Big place.
--

Thanks,
Dave

Old October 15th 03, 07:42 PM
Alan W. Craft

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:54:57 -0500, "Norvin Adams III" ...reflected:

http://hardinoptical.com/dsh8.html

The new version came out today. SWEET!

...my sincere wish that you get the best example
of the current production run.

Alan