ASTRO: NGC 5278/5279

Old April 27th 16, 10:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 5278/5279

In the night from April 21 to April 22 I was looking for something to image
far from the nearly full moon that was adding it's light to the city lights.
I was stunned when I stumbled upon the spectacular pair of NGC 5278/5279
near M101 while scanning the sky in Guide9. The couple even have a good
surface brightness.

Taken from Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at f/8 on an AZ-EQ6 mount, Trius
SX694 camera, 24x5min lum, 11x5min RGB each. Downsized to 0.62
arcseconds/pixel to reduce noise.

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5278colourgut.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	6214
Old April 28th 16, 06:06 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

Very good for full moon of Arp 239. Guess from Berlin the full moon isn't much of an issue compared to what it is under my very dark skies since you are already starting very bright. Even 90 degrees away my background goes from 600 to 12,000 with a full moon in 10 minutes. I may do NB but never LRGB. Just too much for me to deal with. I'm spoiled by my dark skies I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lilge View Post