ASTRO: IC 5076

Old November 8th 10, 09:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: IC 5076

IC 5076 is a reflection nebula in Cygnus. I imaged it in a recent (well, it
was on September 10) outing to good skies south of Berlin.
It was a very humid night, fortunately we had mains power from a nearby
building to power a hairdryer and free the lenses from dew.

Taken near Bugk south of Berlin with a Skywatcher ED120 plus 0.85 reducer on
a Skywatcher H-EQ5 Synscan mount, SXV-H9 camera, 13x10 min Lum, 3x10min R+G,
4x10min B.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/IC5076colourbigneugut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IC5076colourbigneugut.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	478.6 KB
ID:	3215
Old November 9th 10, 03:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 11/8/2010 3:15 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
IC 5076 is a reflection nebula in Cygnus. I imaged it in a recent (well, it
was on September 10) outing to good skies south of Berlin.
It was a very humid night, fortunately we had mains power from a nearby
building to power a hairdryer and free the lenses from dew.

Taken near Bugk south of Berlin with a Skywatcher ED120 plus 0.85 reducer on
a Skywatcher H-EQ5 Synscan mount, SXV-H9 camera, 13x10 min Lum, 3x10min R+G,
4x10min B.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/IC5076colourbigneugut.jpg

Stefan

Well done in your skies. That is one I've been planning on redoing but
forgot all about as it didn't get put back on my redo list. Might still
be time.

I used to carry a 12 volt "windshield defroster". I put that in quotes
as its power output was far too low for that but did a good job of
keeping dew off my guide scope back in my film days. Did pretty well
kill a car battery by morning. First time I was using the car's
battery. Fortunately I was parked on a hill and was able to get it
moving enough to pop the clutch and get it started. Thanks for my
ancient manual transmission. All I could afford back then.

After that I carried a separate battery to power scopes and that
defogger. I doubt it could defog much more than an 8" corrector,
certainly not a windshild it was sold for.

Rick
Old November 9th 10, 05:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

Very good image - for some reason, this one was not on my target list
- will correct that problem.

Daily Report #5076 Cooper, Joe Hubble 0 April 16th 10 04:43 PM
ASTRO: IC 5076 Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 3 November 11th 07 11:21 PM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 August 15th 07 09:36 PM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 May 3rd 06 12:33 PM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 October 6th 05 02:34 AM