The hunt for alien life heats up in 2021

Old January 8th 21, 12:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Default The hunt for alien life heats up in 2021

Andrew W wrote:
casag... wrote in message ...
Also keep in mind, something worth repeating. Intelligent space faring
species likely abound throughout the universe. If interstellar travel were
possible, then we'd be often visited by aliens. We are clearly not so it
isn't possible.

How do you know we haven't been visited? How do you know they're not here
now?

I like the analogy of (a normal person!) discussing their sex life
with a 2 yo child. Who would cross the road to do that?

As usual it's overwhealming hubris that avoids the obvious answers
as to why noone wants to talk to them.

--
[Hillbillies dont get the first thing about science:]

There is a consensus that A = B and B is true does not imply
anything on A.
-- Paul /D\ubrin , 08 Jul 2012 12:46:34 GMT

You have been stupid enough to write: "If a theory A predicts B and
we observe B then we have evidence the theory is true" and you are
telling me that pointing your error is some sophistry?
-- Paul /D\ubrin , 08 Jul 2012 18:36:01 GMT

[In contradiction to the above claims /D\ubrin often demands models
be validated -- obviously no point if predictions are irrelevant].

[Scientists seem to "get it":]

KenCaldeira @KenCaldeira 21 May 2020 23:28Z
Replying to @EDC_Farmer
The essence of science is prediction. Science progresses by rejecting
models that make bad predictions.
https://t.co/ASx86Ohgp1en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Popp...

Making successful predictions is the gold standard of science. If a
theory successfully predicts phenomena that are later observed, one
can be confident that the theory captures something essential about
the real world system.
-- Andrew Dessler, testimony to US Senate, 21 Jan 2014

Old January 8th 21, 12:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

=20How=20do=20you=20know=20we=20haven't=20been=20 visited?=20How=

=20do=20you=20know=20they're=20not=20here
=20now?

Onus=20is=20clearly=20on=20those=20to=20demonstrat e=20that=20we=20=
have=20been=20visited.

Old January 8th 21, 12:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

=20
=20Such=20a=20very=20important=20message,=20I'll =20repeat=20as=

=20often=20as=20apparently
=20necessary.
=20

=20Important=20for=20what=20purpose=20exactly?

=20

Important=20as=20in=20this=20whole=20discussion.

Surely=20tou=20can=20see=20that=20?=20!

Old January 8th 21, 01:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_3_]

On 8/01/2021 9:32 am, Andrew W wrote:
casag... wrote in message ...

Also keep in mind, something worth repeating. Intelligent space faring
species likely abound throughout the universe. If interstellar travel
were possible, then we'd be often visited by aliens. We are clearly
not so it isn't possible.

How do you know we haven't been visited? How do you know they're not
here now?

Because he's a logical thinker.

Old January 8th 21, 01:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew W[_2_]

casag... wrote in message ...

Such a very important message, I'll repeat as often as apparently
necessary.

Important for what purpose exactly?

Important as in this whole discussion.

Surely tou can see that ? !

And where's the purpose?

Old January 8th 21, 02:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew W[_2_]

casag... wrote in message ...

How do you know we haven't been visited? How do you know they're not here
now?

Onus is clearly on those to demonstrate that we have been visited.

Lol. How can millions of people demonstrate something that they experienced?
If you haven't experienced certain things and dismiss and ignore other
people's experiences then that's your problem.

Old January 8th 21, 03:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Andrew W wrote:
casag... wrote in message ...
How do you know we haven't been visited? How do you know they're not here
now?

Onus is clearly on those to demonstrate that we have been visited.

Lol. How can millions of people demonstrate something that they experienced?
If you haven't experienced certain things and dismiss and ignore other
people's experiences then that's your problem.

As the US military now ack's we are seeing "something" that is unusual.
By coincidence I got a message from an acquaintence some months back.
As a Harvard physicist he'd been called on (among others) to try to
explain how the "tic tac" drive could possibly work.
Apparently some work in Russia came up with a possible way to
create lift using some relativistic wrinkle in the gap between
magnetism and gravitation.
Anyway, got me interested in seeing what the numbers up to this point
are showing.
I got even more interested after Congress called for a comprehensive
study into any threat posed by the "tic tac" "people" or any other
simular air or sea-based unidentified objects. Apparently the Russians
are seeing objects wizzing around in Atlantic trenches at 250 mph, too.
So running the numbers suggests there certainly is a small propotion
of UFO sightings that correspond with physical changes and effects
visible elsewhere in the world.
The numbers suggest a relatively small number of objects could
account for all UFO sightings (comparable with number of 747's ever made --
about 1600).
But you then run up against an apparent desire by "whoever" not to
leave too many messy footprints. As some of the Navy people that
tangled with the tic tacs in 2004 say, the things they saw seemed
to be on some kind of migration and just wanted to be left alone.
The official Navy view is a bit different -- the use of radar evading
equipment and suspected total invisibility was assessed at the time
to be "an act of war".
My own analyses show the density of UFO sightings in the US
follow strict patterns. Totally against the idea that AFB are
the center of machines that are mistaken for UFO's, the objects
divide up into categories that AVOID air force bases. Tellings, they
dont care at all about Army bases.
Some types of UFO's seem to fly on the basis of avoiding interception
by lone aircraft. Some fly seemingly to avoid CAP. Some seem to fear
attack by G2A missiles. The density of sightings makes these things clear.
BUT the footprints are light. There seems to be no effect on US
power systems despite all that reported hovering over power lines and
nuclear power stations.
There seems to be no effect on airplane crashes despite all the reports
of buzzing, blocking, and following by funny glowing objects pulling 40g turns.
But one footprint I'm seeing now is mass animal deaths.
Mass bird deaths dont seem related.
But fish, turle, and dolphin deaths seem to correlate worldwide
with the sample of UFO sightings seen in N Am.
There is also some correlation between UFO sightings and crop circles
in the UK. Certain incidents -- seemingly mostly when a small aircraft
or military jet tangles with a UFO -- certain types of crop circles tend
to appear some time later. There is also a possibility that certain
crop circles *predict* UFO sightings some time later.

But none of this much tells us WHO the heck we're talking about.
Are they some kind of local human or non-human group?
Do they come from a nearby planet?
Are they ETs?
Are they something else? (Plenty of choice).

It's very hard to say and even the leaks from people that have
left various govt projects doesnt give much of a clue anyone
behind the scenes knows much better.

As I've indicated, the best info from former spooks seems to be
the #1 suspect presently is some local group that's been living
in the deep ocean possibly for some time.

I've already run across a big link between phytoplankton blooms
and UFO sightings. It is consistent with e.g. black triangles
being some kind of sea tractor. If the "bogies" are eating our
plankton they must be pretty similar to other life on earth and less likely ET.

I note that Brennan gave an interview recently saying everyone should
be "open" to whatever comes out of any reports to be released now or later.
He hints possibilities include the so-called local "ultraterrestrial"
or even that certain UFO's are "some kind of life". I'm not sure
if he's saying a kind of biological life that has an anti-gravity
engine, or maybe a form of mechnical life that's left over from some
previous civilization and is now at a loose end.

--
Ultraterrestrial:
A superior, non-human entity of natural or supernatural origin that is
Old January 9th 21, 12:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

Default The hunt for alien life heats up in 2021 - Could be veryimportant!

On 1/6/2021 2:36 PM, wrote:
If there is alien life elsewhere, it is of absolutely no practical significance !

Distances to even close neighboring star systems are far FAR too great, certainly for even the slightest chance of traveling to / from, and even for a 2 way radio discussion. e.g. - " Hi ! " 12 years " Hi, who are you ? " 12 years , etc.

Casagiannon,

You are so unbelievably small minded and numb.

from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI_Institute
" The Institute's SETI Researchers use both radio and optical
telescope systems to search for deliberate signals from
technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations."

If we do ever receive a clear signal from another star
system that shows their is another intelligent species
in the universe, able to understand advanced mathamatics
and physics, it will deeply change mankind.

You say "no practical significance !" but you are
very wrong. Universities normally change very slowly,
but within 10 years they will have greatly changed
in both sciences and humanities. Huge new
companies would spring up.

We do not need to see another species face to face.
We do not need to transport any material goods.
Ideas sent by radio waves are a real and important
commerce.

Old January 9th 21, 04:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

=20
=20=20How=20do=20you=20know=20we=20haven't=20bee n=20visited?=20H=

ow=20do=20you=20know=20they're=20not
=20=20here=20now?
=20

=20Because=20he's=20a=20logical=20thinker.

Obviously,=20if=20they=20were=20here,=20they'd=20b e=20SOME=20evide=
nce=20of=20this.=20There=20isn't,=20so=20they're=2 0not.

And=20of=20course,=20there=20is=20absolutely=20no= 20way=20either=
=20aliens=20or=20man=20could=20ever=20traverse=20t he=20vast=20mind=
=20bogling=20distances.=20Even=20at=20near=20light =20speed,=20whic=
h=20will=20practically=20never=20happen=20in=20any =20case,=20trave=
l=20times=20would=20still=20be=20excessive.

What=20part=20of=20Distance=20=3d=20Speed=20x=20Ti me=20don't=20you=
=20understand=20?=20!

'evidence of alien life' [email protected] Misc 13 July 23rd 17 06:04 PM
'evidence of alien life' Herbert Glazier Misc 2 July 3rd 17 11:54 AM
Alien Life Found! HVAC[_2_] Misc 16 March 29th 11 04:11 PM
U. North Carolina technology enrolled in hunt for life on Mars (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 June 11th 08 02:59 PM
#68 calculation of alien life in Cosmos as 10^9 alien advanced life [email protected] Astronomy Misc 1 April 22nd 08 07:20 AM