When Earth's Population Climbs to Over 100 Billion...

Old December 16th 18, 12:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default When Earth's Population Climbs to Over 100 Billion...

....we are going to have to build skyscrapers to the sky to hold everyone and we

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the stars...
Old December 16th 18, 03:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Siri Cruise

In article ,
Mark Earnest wrote:

...we are going to have to build skyscrapers to the sky to hold everyone and
we

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the stars...

Naw, we just throw them into volcanos. It worked before.

--
:- Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Old December 16th 18, 05:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the stars...

Never going to happen, since all travel speed will be limited to
c = 3E8 m/sec, and practically something FAR slower.

Even travel to our very nearest neighbor star
will take prohibitively long.
Old December 16th 18, 05:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

On 12/16/2018 3:53 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
...we are going to have to build skyscrapers to the sky to hold everyone and we

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the stars...

In Robert Silverberg's "The World Inside" he addresses that thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Inside
The novel is set on Earth in the year 2381, when the population of the
planet has reached 75 billion people.[4] Population growth has
skyrocketed due to a quasi-religious belief in human reproduction as the
highest possible good. Most of the action occurs in a massive
three-kilometer-high city tower called Urban Monad 116.

Plot summary
War, starvation, crime and birth control have been eliminated. Life is
now totally fulfilled and sustained within Urban Monads (Urbmons),
mammoth thousand-floor skyscrapers arranged in "constellations", where
the shadow of one building does not fall upon another. An Urbmon is
divided into 25 self-contained "cities" of 40 floors each, in ascending
order of status, with administrators occupying the highest level. Each
building can hold approximately 800,000 people, with excess population
totalling three billion a year transferred to new Urbmons, which are
continually under construction.

The Urbmon population is supported by the conversion of all of the
Earth's habitable land area not taken up by Urbmons to agriculture. The
theoretical limit of the population supported by this arrangement is
estimated to be 200 billion. The farmers live a very different
lifestyle, with strict birth control. Farmers trade their produce for
technology and the two societies rarely have direct contact; even their
languages are mutually unintelligible
Old December 16th 18, 07:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 10:37:24 AM UTC-6, a425couple wrote:
[...]

Looks like somebody else thought of this even before I did...
Old December 16th 18, 07:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 10:09:53 AM UTC-6, casagi. wrote:

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the stars...

Never going to happen, since all travel speed will be limited to
c = 3E8 m/sec, and practically something FAR slower.

Even travel to our very nearest neighbor star
will take prohibitively long.

You atheists have a way to go. But then so do the rest of us.
Old December 16th 18, 07:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 8:22:32 AM UTC-6, Siri Cruise wrote:
In article ,
Mark Earnest

...we are going to have to build skyscrapers to the sky to hold everyone and
we

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the stars...

Naw, we just throw them into volcanos. It worked before.

The gods aren't going to help us. We were never nice to them.
Old December 17th 18, 01:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Siri Cruise

In article ,
Mark Earnest wrote:

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 8:22:32 AM UTC-6, Siri Cruise wrote:
In article ,
Mark Earnest

...we are going to have to build skyscrapers to the sky to hold everyone
and
we

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the
stars...

Naw, we just throw them into volcanos. It worked before.

The gods aren't going to help us. We were never nice to them.

Resurrect Xenu from a blood smear.

Old December 17th 18, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 6:22:32 AM UTC-8, Siri Cruise wrote:
In article ,
Mark Earnest wrote:

...we are going to have to build skyscrapers to the sky to hold everyone and
we

are going to have to ship a lot of people to exoplanets among the stars...

Naw, we just throw them into volcanos. It worked before.

--
:- Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed

GOP Mafia uses Swift product(TANG) at its "Jack-In the Box" to kill off the poor.Or Severn Trent Water.In Florida TANG is in.Used but not to kill on the Shuttles by Walter Annenberg.Look it all up and see reality of what GOP Mafia has done since 1963.Bert