Chapt17 Telescope experiments as distance tool #1574 ATOM TOTALITY5th ed

Old May 14th 13, 06:48 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_]

Default Chapt17 Telescope experiments as distance tool #1574 ATOM TOTALITY5th ed

In May of 2010
Enrico wrote:

Finding anything at all that addresses your question about
limitations on what a telescope can see (resolve) turned out
to be harder than I expected.

Yes, thanks for you help Enrico. I am not surprized at all that
astronomers never realized that the telescope and all the Physics
laws on Optics were never seen as their best and finest measure
of distance in the Cosmos.

I am guessing, roughly, that no telescope on Earth is able to see a
galaxy beyond 200 million light years away. And that the furthest
possible sighting of a supernova from Earth with our finest
telescope
is 400 million light years away.

So my guess is that 400 million light years is the furthest distance
in
astronomy that we can "know about."

This would mean that the surveys by Jarrett and Juric et al, are
mappings
that are all confined to 400 million light years. And not our
current
silly idea that our telescopes are peering back to 13 billion light
years.

So all the surveys and mappings of the Cosmos have to take place
within 400 million light years distance because our telescopes can
see these objects and if we can see them in the telescope, means
they are no further than 400 million light years.

http://atomic-molecular-optical-phys...ticle.cfm/can_...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Deep_Field
Read the section on Data Processing
Note assumptions made about Universal Expansion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_telescope
Technical stuff, formulas.
Scroll down about 1/3 way to:

"Angular resolution
Ignoring blurring of the image by turbulence in the atmosphere
(atmospheric seeing) and optical imperfections of the telescope,

the
angular resolution of an optical telescope is determined by the
diameter of the objective, termed its "aperture" (the primary

mirror,
or lens.) The Rayleigh criterion for the resolution limit áR (in
radians) is given by"

Snipped math - not sure if it would display here

"Essentially; the larger the aperture, the better the angular
resolution"

"It should be noted that the resolution is NOT given by the maximum
magnification (or "power") of a telescope. Telescopes marketed by
giving high values of the maximum power often deliver poor

images."

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*Enrico

Yes, resolution comes back to memory. There is another idea or
concept
in Physics when I took Optics in school. I sort of forgotten the
concept
or it is vague to me now. It went along the lines of something
called
"coherence of light". Meaning that the flashlight on Pluto directed
the
Hubble Space Telescope may not be resolved by the telescope, but if
had
a laser light flashlight, that Hubble telescope would then be able
resolve
my flashlight on Pluto.

Of course the stars, galaxies and Supernova are not laser lights. And
this
concept of "coherence" is important in the distance that a telescope
can
resolve a shining light.

So, Enrico, I am not surprized at all, that the Physics community in
conjunction
with the Astronomy community never sat down and worked out, first,
what the limit
of their best telescopes are. Whether any of them can see beyond 200
million light
years of a star or galaxy, or 400 million light years of a Supernova.
For
there is a definite
upper limit of distance.

It does not surprize me that the Physics and Astronomy community have
assumed
their telescopes can see and peer to a infinite distance in Space.
And
the Big Bang
theory accepts such a ridiculous assumption.

Now it maybe that radio telescopes can see further, but here again,
there is an upper
limit. And I am guessing that it is the RING seen in Jarrett's
mapping
that tells me this
ring is the "edge of the observable horizon of the Cosmos". And that
RING is about
400 million light years away. And thus, everything beyond that RING,
is actually inside
the ring or closer to earth.

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

(snipped)

[...]

It has been a very long time since I sat in a UC Optics classroom in
1970. And
never knowing that such an experience was going to come out so
fruitfull eventually.

So the question I raise is what is the maximum distance that the
Hubble Space
Telescope can see a ordinary galaxy. Maximum distance given the
physics of
how light travels and optics of the telescope. And it is a darn
shame
that
noone in the astronomy community ever thought to ask such a
question.
The biologists certainly asked the questions a long time ago about
the
smallest length their light-microscopes could attain. And that if a
biologist
proclaimed to see a virus in a light-microscope would have been
laughed
out of his profession.

But nowadays, it is commonplace for astronomers and physicists to
claim that
quasars and the Sloan Great Wall are far beyond 400 million light
years, yet the
Hubble Space Telescope sees them as red spots, yet none of these
scientists ever
worked out whether Hubble Space Telescope can see a quasar or Great
Wall
in the billions of light years.

The limit of a light microscope is that of bacteria, so where is the
limit of the
Hubble Space Telescope. Most astronomers probably have the notion
that
telescopes have no limit to observing distances. That they think the
Hubble
can see and peer into infinity distance.

To me, such notions and assumptions are repulsive.

So now, how to find out the limit of distance of the Hubble Space
Telescope?
How do we find out its limit?

Well a good way is to ask a question such as whether a flashlight
placed on
Pluto or Mars or Moon can be seen by the Hubble Space Telescope?
Have
a gradation of flashlights on the Moon and see where the Hubble
ceases
"see" the flashlight. Then we can extrapolate that luminosity of the
flashlight
and Moon distance to that of Supernova or regular galaxies as to
what
the
Hubble Telescope upper limit of distance is.

Now I believe the prime reason there is a upper limit is the
behaviour
of light itself,
in that it has a luminosity governed by inverse square of distance.
If
my memory
serves me from 40 years ago in school studying Optics, this is
called
candela.

And the reason that laser light can be seen so much further of a
distance is because
of the "coherent beam" that does not fall off at inverse square of
distance.

No galaxy , nor any supernova nor the quasars are laser lights, and
so
they fall off
in luminosity by inverse square of distance.

So the question of using a telescope to tell us of the distance to a
galaxy or a star or
a quasar or a Sloan Great Wall, is that we can use standard Physics
ideas, laws and
principles of Optics to tell us how far a telescope can resolve a
regular normal astro
body. My guess is that the Hubble Space Telescope has a maximum
distance range
of 200 million light years for a normal regular single galaxy and
any
such galaxies beyond
200 million light years is not detectable by Hubble. For a
Supernova,
I am guessing
400 million light years distance the Hubble can still faintly see
the
Supernova, but
beyond that distance is undetected.

Now why is this so very important? Well, obviously, since the quasars
and Great Walls
are alleged to be 13 billion and 4 billion light years away, yet
easily seen in the Hubble
Space Telescope as red spots, signifies that the redshift is all in
error. If Hubble
Telescope distance is only good to 200 to 400 million light years,
then the quasars
and Great Walls must be a smaller distance than 200 to 400 million
light years.

Funny, how it seems that a logical thinker in astronomer is as rare
find as a
Supernova explosion is rare to find. Because, it really does not
need
a rocketscientist
to figure out that the telescope itself is a distance measuring tool
and the most
accurate measuring tool of distance in all of astronomy. So shame on
the astronomy
community for never realizing this valuable tool. Part of the
problem
is that so
many scientists spend most of their time on thinking about equations
of math
and physics, and little time on clear logic. And so you have a 100
years of time
wasted on Doppler redshift and no time spent on the telescope itself
as a distance
tool.

--
Approximately 90 percent of AP's posts are missing in the Google
newsgroups author search starting May 2012. They call it indexing; I
call it censor discrimination. Whatever the case, what is needed now
is for science newsgroups like sci.physics, sci.chem, sci.bio,
sci.geo.geology, sci.med, sci.paleontology, sci.astro,
sci.physics.electromag to
be hosted by a University the same as what
Drexel
University hosts sci.math as the Math Forum. Science needs to
be in education
not in the hands of corporations chasing after the
next dollar bill.
Besides, Drexel's Math Forum can demand no fake
names, and only 5 posts per day of all posters which reduces or
eliminates most spam and hate-spew, search-engine-bombing, and front-
page-hogging. Drexel has
done a excellent, simple and fair author-
archiving of AP sci.math posts since May 2012
as seen
he

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Old May 14th 13, 02:14 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Brad Guth[_3_]

On May 13, 10:48Â*pm, Archimedes Plutonium
wrote:
In May of 2010

Â*Enrico wrote:
Finding anything at all that addresses your question about

Â* limitations on what a telescope can see (resolve) turned out
Â* to be harder than I expected.

Yes, thanks for you help Enrico. I am not surprized at all that
Â*astronomers never realized that the telescope and all the Physics
Â*laws on Optics were never seen as their best and finest measure
Â*of distance in the Cosmos.

I am guessing, roughly, that no telescope on Earth is able to see a
Â*galaxy beyond 200 million light years away. And that the furthest
Â*possible sighting of a supernova from Earth with our finest
telescope
Â*is 400 million light years away.

So my guess is that 400 million light years is the furthest distance
Â*in
Â*astronomy that we can "know about."

This would mean that the surveys by Jarrett and Juric et al, are
Â*mappings
Â*that are all confined to 400 million light years. And not our
current
silly idea that our telescopes are peering back to 13 billion light
years.

So all the surveys and mappings of the Cosmos have to take place
Â*within 400 million light years distance because our telescopes can
Â*see these objects and if we can see them in the telescope, means
Â*they are no further than 400 million light years.

http://atomic-molecular-optical-phys...ticle.cfm/can_...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Deep_Field

Â* Read the section on Data Processing
Â* Note assumptions made about Universal Expansion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_telescope

Â* Technical stuff, formulas.
Â* Scroll down about 1/3 way to:

"Angular resolution

Â* Ignoring blurring of the image by turbulence in the atmosphere
Â* (atmospheric seeing) and optical imperfections of the telescope,
the
Â* angular resolution of an optical telescope is determined by the
Â* diameter of the objective, termed its "aperture" (the primary
mirror,
Â* or lens.) The Rayleigh criterion for the resolution limit áR (in
Â* radians) is given by"

Snipped math - not sure if it would display here
"Essentially; the larger the aperture, the better the angular

Â* resolution"

"It should be noted that the resolution is NOT given by the maximum

Â* magnification (or "power") of a telescope. Telescopes marketed by
Â* giving high values of the maximum power often deliver poor
images."

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*Enrico

Yes, resolution comes back to memory. There is another idea or
concept
Â*in Physics when I took Optics in school. I sort of forgotten the
Â*concept
Â*or it is vague to me now. It went along the lines of something
called
Â*"coherence of light". Meaning that the flashlight on Pluto directed
Â*the
Â*Hubble Space Telescope may not be resolved by the telescope, but if
Â*had
Â*a laser light flashlight, that Hubble telescope would then be able
Â*resolve
Â*my flashlight on Pluto.

Of course the stars, galaxies and Supernova are not laser lights. And
Â*this
Â*concept of "coherence" is important in the distance that a telescope
Â*can
Â*resolve a shining light.

So, Enrico, I am not surprized at all, that the Physics community in
Â*conjunction
Â*with the Astronomy community never sat down and worked out, first,
Â*what the limit
Â*of their best telescopes are. Whether any of them can see beyond 200
Â*million light
Â*years of a star or galaxy, or 400 million light years of a Supernova.
For
Â*there is a definite
Â*upper limit of distance.

It does not surprize me that the Physics and Astronomy community have
Â*assumed
Â*their telescopes can see and peer to a infinite distance in Space.
And
Â*the Big Bang
Â*theory accepts such a ridiculous assumption.

Now it maybe that radio telescopes can see further, but here again,
Â*there is an upper
Â*limit. And I am guessing that it is the RING seen in Jarrett's
mapping
Â*that tells me this
Â*ring is the "edge of the observable horizon of the Cosmos". And that
Â*RING is about
Â*400 million light years away. And thus, everything beyond that RING,
Â*is actually inside
Â*the ring or closer to earth.

Â*Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

(snipped)

[...]

Â*1970. And
Â*never knowing that such an experience was going to come out so
Â*fruitfull eventually.

So the question I raise is what is the maximum distance that the
Â*Hubble Space
Â*Telescope can see a ordinary galaxy. Maximum distance given the
Â*physics of
Â*how light travels and optics of the telescope. And it is a darn
shame
Â*that
Â*noone in the astronomy community ever thought to ask such a
question.
Â*The biologists certainly asked the questions a long time ago about
Â*the
Â*smallest length their light-microscopes could attain. And that if a
Â*biologist
Â*proclaimed to see a virus in a light-microscope would have been
Â*laughed
Â*out of his profession.

But nowadays, it is commonplace for astronomers and physicists to
Â*claim that
Â*quasars and the Sloan Great Wall are far beyond 400 million light
Â*years, yet the
Â*Hubble Space Telescope sees them as red spots, yet none of these
Â*scientists ever
Â*worked out whether Hubble Space Telescope can see a quasar or Great
Â*Wall
Â*in the billions of light years.

The limit of a light microscope is that of bacteria, so where is the
Â*limit of the
Â*Hubble Space Telescope. Most astronomers probably have the notion
Â*that
Â*telescopes have no limit to observing distances. That they think the
Â*Hubble
Â*can see and peer into infinity distance.

To me, such notions and assumptions are repulsive.

So now, how to find out the limit of distance of the Hubble Space
Â*Telescope?
Â*How do we find out its limit?

Well a good way is to ask a question such as whether a flashlight
Â*placed on
Â*Pluto or Mars or Moon can be seen by the Hubble Space Telescope?
Have
Â*a gradation of flashlights on the Moon and see where the Hubble
ceases
Â*to
Â*"see" the flashlight. Then we can extrapolate that luminosity of the
Â*flashlight
Â*and Moon distance to that of Supernova or regular galaxies as to
what
Â*the
Â*Hubble Telescope upper limit of distance is.

Now I believe the prime reason there is a upper limit is the
behaviour
Â*of light itself,
Â*in that it has a luminosity governed by inverse square of distance.
If
Â*my memory
Â*serves me from 40 years ago in school studying Optics, this is
called
Â*candela.

And the reason that laser light can be seen so much further of a
Â*distance is because
Â*of the "coherent beam" that does not fall off at inverse square of
Â*distance.

No galaxy , nor any supernova nor the quasars are laser lights, and
so
Â*they fall off
Â*in luminosity by inverse square of distance.

So the question of using a telescope to tell us of the distance to a
Â*galaxy or a star or
Â*a quasar or a Sloan Great Wall, is that we can use standard Physics
Â*ideas, laws and
Â*principles of Optics to tell us how far a telescope can resolve a
Â*regular normal astro
Â*body. My guess is that the Hubble Space Telescope has a maximum
Â*distance range
Â*of 200 million light years for a normal regular single galaxy and
any
Â*such galaxies beyond
Â*200 million light years is not detectable by Hubble. For a
Supernova,
Â*I am guessing
Â*400 million light years distance the Hubble can still faintly see
the
Â*Supernova, but
Â*beyond that distance is undetected.

Now why is this so very important? Well, obviously, since the quasars
Â*and Great Walls
Â*are alleged to be 13 billion and 4 billion light years away, yet
Â*easily seen in the Hubble
Â*Space Telescope as red spots, signifies that the redshift is all in
Â*error. If Hubble
Â*Telescope distance is only good to 200 to 400 million light years,
Â*then the quasars
Â*and Great Walls must be a smaller distance than 200 to 400 million
Â*light years.

Funny, how it seems that a logical thinker in astronomer is as rare
Â*find as a
Â*Supernova explosion is rare to find. Because, it really does not
need
Â*a rocketscientist
Â*to figure out that the telescope itself is a distance measuring tool
Â*and the most
Â*accurate measuring tool of distance in all of astronomy. So shame on
Â*the astronomy
Â*community for never realizing this valuable tool. Part of the
problem
Â*is that so
Â*many scientists spend most of their time on thinking about equations
Â*of math
Â*and physics, and little time on clear logic. And so you have a 100
Â*years of time
Â*wasted on Doppler redshift and no time spent on the telescope itself
Â*as a distance
Â*tool.

--
[...]

Nice enough topic, and you are right about the kinds of index methods
of censorship that takes place, and otherwise notice how few if any
K-12s are anywhere to be seen within these public Usenet/newsgroups.

They'll also connect your words together so as to making them a whole
lot less searchable, and they've done the same thing with external
links by connecting the prior word to that link and thereby making it
unfunctional. So, there are ways of messing up your topics and
replies in ways that computer forensics can't link to the insider
perpetrators that intend to make their own stuff stick and your stuff
either fail or eventually vanish.

However, I do believe we're seeing more than 400 million ly distance
by way of extremely long time exposures and lots of computer PhotoShop-
like methods applied.
Old May 14th 13, 10:51 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_]

Default no High Schoolers in sci newsgroups and Niuz.biz malware wrecking computers

On May 14, 8:14*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On May 13, 10:48*pm, Archimedes Plutonium

(snipped)

Nice enough topic, and you are right about the kinds of index methods
of censorship that takes place, and otherwise notice how few if any
K-12s are anywhere to be seen within these public Usenet/newsgroups.

The fact that few if any High Schoolers post should be a alarm bell
for those who look after Usenet. When Usenet started, everyone was
shouting a banner of "freedom of speech", but there is little fairness
of speech in Usenet so long as anyone can hide behind fake names and
post almost unlimited volume. When you have fake names-- BroilJAB,
HVAC, Kevin, Bacle and more than 5 posts per 24 hours by such dolts,
then the Usenet science newsgroups are tarnished so much that a High
School youngster would not feel comfortable in posting.

So that if those two rules were installed-- no fake names, only 5
posts per day we would see a science forum.

They'll also connect your words together so as to making them a whole
lot less searchable, and they've done the same thing with external
links by connecting the prior word to that link and thereby making it
unfunctional. *So, there are ways of messing up your topics and

Worse yet is this Docendi.org or Niuz.biz that collects my posts and
then when a bystander opens up that post in Niuz, Niuz attaches
malware to the bystanders computer, at least that is what the Google
warnings say about Niuz. I still want a lawyer to sue Niuz
for wrecking computers, or the threat of wrecking computers.

replies in ways that computer forensics can't link to the insider
perpetrators that intend to make their own stuff stick and your stuff
either fail or eventually vanish.

However, I do believe we're seeing more than 400 million ly distance
by way of extremely long time exposures and lots of computer PhotoShop-
like methods applied.

I am still looking to see if 400 million light years is the upper
limit. It appears so, since that Ring in the 3rd layer of Jarrett's
galaxy mapping is 400 m l y distance. It is not final, but a good
rough guess.

AP
Old May 17th 13, 07:33 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Brad Guth[_3_]

On May 14, 2:51*pm, Archimedes Plutonium
wrote:
[...]

If the current generations of K-12s were even half as smart as our era
of 5th graders, there wouldn't be a problem with Usenet/newsgroups as
having been run into the nearest toilet by ZNR oligarchs and redneck
mafia types, that are mostly public funded and the rest faith-based
funded as to keeping as many K-12s from showing up or staying for
long.
Old May 18th 13, 10:37 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Brad Guth[_3_]

wrote:
On May 14, wrote:

[...]

There's no requirement that K12s or anyone else has to read/review
through each and every Usenet/newsgroup topic or reply, however with
the usual gauntlet of reuse-masters and FUD-masters clowning around,
it's a wonder that anyone seriously bothers with the public free-
speech context of Usenet where topic/author stalking and bashing is
mainstream status-quo (meaning unpoliced by most of their kind),
imposing their mainstream damage control that would make Hitler a very
proud and happy camper, because the only ones actively looking after
Usenet are those of the ZNR oligarch kind.

Your interpretation that 400 million light years is the optical limit
of seeing other more distant stuff is perhaps not taking into account
those extremely long time exposures of extremely sensitive CCDs
gathering photons and thousands of frame stacking methods applied.

Old May 25th 13, 12:25 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_]

Default 1604 Kepler's supernova Chapt17 Telescope experiments as distancetool #1588 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

On May 18, 4:37*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
(snipped)

Your interpretation that 400 million light years is the optical limit
of seeing other more distant stuff is perhaps not taking into account
those extremely long time exposures of extremely sensitive CCDs
gathering photons and thousands of frame stacking methods applied.

Well thanks for keep pushing me to make more clear.

One of the nasty problems of astronomy is a blizzard of terms for
which seem like appropriate but not actually the concept involved. For
example astronomy has these terms:

intensity

brightness

magnitude

luminosity

coherence

etc etc

What I am after, is the concept that says that light turned on at
distance x, can only travel so far before it is too attenuated that it
cannot be seen anymore. Even a supernova that goes off, has a distance
limit to where it is no longer able to be seen.

So let me put out an analogy. A shotgun with its thousand pellets. As
you shoot the gun the pellets are together closely and as they travel
meters they start to widen out and not so together and nearby. With
increasing distance of travel there is only 3 pellets per cubic meter.
With further distance, there is 1 pellet per cubic meter.

Light from a star, from a galaxy, from a supernova is much the same as
those pellets of a shotgun. At some distance, there are so few light
waves of that star, or galaxy or supernova so that the observer can no
longer see the object. I believe this upper limit is 400 million light
years, whereas astronomers mostly believe it is infinity.

Now I am looking at some old supernovae in human history-- such as the
1604 Kepler's supernova which was 20,000 (alleged) light years away.
So comparing the light of that supernova with its distance we can sort
of arrive at a upper limit of light travelling before a supernova is
no longer able to be seen due to sheer distance.

--
More than 90 percent of AP's posts are missing in the Google
newsgroups author search archive from May 2012 to May 2013. Drexel

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium