ASTRO: NGC 5448

Old July 5th 10, 09:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 5448

Another "new found" processed b/w image is NGC 5448 in UMa (about the same
RA as M101, but a bit lower).

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Meade 10" ACF at f/7.2 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, 36x5 minutes.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/5448-36x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5448-36x5gut.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	3009
Old July 6th 10, 07:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 7/5/2010 3:29 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Another "new found" processed b/w image is NGC 5448 in UMa (about the same
RA as M101, but a bit lower).

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Meade 10" ACF at f/7.2 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, 36x5 minutes.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/5448-36x5gut.jpg

Stefan

You got far more of the outer arms than I'd expect from your location!
very well done. I'd sure never forget a processed image that did that
well under your conditions. I can't handle a 4 day moon on the other
side of the sky. You light pollution would kill me.

I find forgotten data, never forgotten processed data. Maybe you have
some elves in that compute that work on your data when you aren't
looking. I just counted up and am 141 behind in processing. Thought it
142 but one turned out unusable due to clouds. I'll have to redo it.
Probably one or two others like that in there. I look at the first and
last frames but usually that's it, the next morning. See I need to
check the middle too as only the first and last were usable. One L and
one blue doesn't help me much.

Rick

Old July 11th 10, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

One of my favorites.