OT- the state of the union

Old October 25th 06, 01:31 PM posted to sci.space.history
Monte Davis Monte Davis is offline
Senior Member

Default OT- the state of the union

Pat Flannery wrote:

If Europe can't take care of itself, then Europe may well deserve to fall.
This isn't the first time the Moors have come knocking at Europe's gate,

I seem to have missed the news about the Hizbollah army group charging
towards the gates of Vienna... are they at Lake Balaton yet?

Sorry, but for me controversies over Danish cartoons and _niqab_
veils... even riots in Parisian suburbs... don't quite add up to the
Armageddon-ish clash of civilizations that so many seem to be hungry
for. In fact, whenever I hear frothing about the Long War, a billion
fanatical Muslims, etc., I wonder more about the psychology of the
frother than I do about the prospects of the poor embattled West. Come
*on*, people: one of the main reasons they're angry and frustrated is
that they know very well they've been falling behind for several
centuries... so why are *you* forgetting it?

If you wanted to identify the *least* threatening billion people on
earth (in terms of real strategic factors rather than ooga-booga),
what would you look for?

- lasting internal fragmentation on national/ethnic/sectarian lines
- stagnant economies choked with statism and corruption
- high tech still far more imported than indigenous
- armies that haven't succeeded against a First World force since
Gallipoli

Not that any of that matters to those who simply must have a Scary
Global Other to fret about. Keep up the good fight. As you join Sen.
Santorum on the Field of Pelennor for a last heroic stand, I'll be
watching... and laughing my ass off.

Monte Davis
http://montedavis.livejournal.com
Old October 25th 06, 01:50 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:31:25 GMT, in a place far, far away, Monte
Davis made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Pat Flannery wrote:

If Europe can't take care of itself, then Europe may well deserve to fall.
This isn't the first time the Moors have come knocking at Europe's gate,

I seem to have missed the news about the Hizbollah army group charging
towards the gates of Vienna... are they at Lake Balaton yet?

They don't have to.

Sorry, but for me controversies over Danish cartoons and _niqab_
veils... even riots in Parisian suburbs... don't quite add up to the
Armageddon-ish clash of civilizations that so many seem to be hungry
for. In fact, whenever I hear frothing about the Long War, a billion
fanatical Muslims, etc., I wonder more about the psychology of the
frother than I do about the prospects of the poor embattled West. Come
*on*, people: one of the main reasons they're angry and frustrated is
that they know very well they've been falling behind for several
centuries... so why are *you* forgetting it?

Doesn't matter. Demography is destiny. The only population growing
in Europe right now is Muslim. The post-Christian Europeans are
unbreeding themselves into extinction.
Old October 25th 06, 03:06 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:53:07 GMT, in a place far, far away, Monte

(Rand Simberg) wrote:

Demography is destiny. The only population growing
in Europe right now is Muslim. The post-Christian Europeans are
unbreeding themselves into extinction.

Ah, politics and culture boiled down to terms of breeding and
bloodlines. That served us all *so* well in the last century.

Not universally, but Europe is doing a very poor (that is to say, they
are not doing it at all) job of assimilating them.

Or have you not noticed the ongoing riots, car burnings and attacks on
gendarmerie in France? Dozens of police are being injured daily.
It's not reported much any more because it's ceased to be news.

Are you really comfortable keeping that the kind of intellectual
company?

Apparently, yes. Not sure what your point is.
Old October 25th 06, 03:39 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:53:07 GMT, in a place far, far away, Monte
Davis made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Are you really comfortable keeping that the kind of intellectual
company?

Apparently, yes. Not sure what your point is.

I may be wrong, but I gather the point is something like this:
"Unless you express love and happiness towards all cultures, no matter
how retrogressive and repressive and anti-humanitarian they might be,
and claim that the future is going to be wonderful and lovely and
filled with happy puppies, you are no better than a Nazi."

Some people refuse to believe that bad things *can* happen that aren't
caused by Bush, Republicans or even - *gasp* - Christians.

Old October 25th 06, 05:07 PM posted to sci.space.history

h (Rand Simberg) wrote:

Not universally, but Europe is doing a very poor (that is to say, they
are not doing it at all) job of assimilating them.

They could certainly be doing a lot better. I have no idea whether in
the long run it will be seen that they did better or worse then we did
with all those "unassimilable" Irish (you know, the ones with that
nasty exotic religion) in the mid-nineteenth century, or all those
"unassimilable" Southern and Eastern Europeans from 1880 through 1920.

Personally, I'd say the core "immigration problem" for all First World
economies is much the same: their economies provide far fewer
unskilled and blue-collar jobs than they used to, but their
educational systems (and other mechanisms for upward mobility) haven't
kept up. Far as I can see, all the blather about "b-but *these*
immigrants are *different*" is just a way to avoid coming to grips
with that.

If you want to be really eloquent about Our Sort being outbred by the
swarthy hordes, get yourself a copy of _The Passing of the Great Race_
by
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_Grant ... then just substitute
"Europeans" for "Nordics" and you're all set. It's 90 years old, but
the song remains the same.

Old October 25th 06, 05:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Monte Davis Monte Davis is offline
Senior Member

wrote:

I may be wrong, but...

Got it in one.

Old October 25th 06, 05:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:07:11 GMT, in a place far, far away, Monte

(Rand Simberg) wrote:

Not universally, but Europe is doing a very poor (that is to say, they
are not doing it at all) job of assimilating them.

They could certainly be doing a lot better. I have no idea whether in
the long run it will be seen that they did better or worse then we did
with all those "unassimilable" Irish (you know, the ones with that
nasty exotic religion) in the mid-nineteenth century, or all those
"unassimilable" Southern and Eastern Europeans from 1880 through 1920.

On the evidence so far, they're doing far worse (particularly since
they're not even attempting it). That "nasty exotic religion" was a
Christian one, and part of western civilization. The problem is
compounded by their rigid labor markets.

Personally, I'd say the core "immigration problem" for all First World
economies is much the same: their economies provide far fewer
unskilled and blue-collar jobs than they used to, but their
educational systems (and other mechanisms for upward mobility) haven't
kept up. Far as I can see, all the blather about "b-but *these*
immigrants are *different*" is just a way to avoid coming to grips
with that.

Well, sorry, but these immigrants really are different. They are
demanding sharia law, in Britain and other places. If current
demagraphic trends continue, they'll get it.

If you want to be really eloquent about Our Sort being outbred by the
swarthy hordes, get yourself a copy of _The Passing of the Great Race_
by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_Grant ... then just substitute
"Europeans" for "Nordics" and you're all set. It's 90 years old, but
the song remains the same.

It's not the swarthiness that's the issue. To paraphrase James
Carville, it's the jihad, stupid.
Old October 25th 06, 08:11 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Monte Davis wrote:

They could certainly be doing a lot better. I have no idea whether in
the long run it will be seen that they did better or worse then we did
with all those "unassimilable" Irish (you know, the ones with that
nasty exotic religion) in the mid-nineteenth century, or all those
"unassimilable" Southern and Eastern Europeans from 1880 through 1920.

Don't forget the drunken Germans.
Or the good-natured but dim-witted Norwegians.
Yah, you betcha.
Don't you go forgetting them.

Personally, I'd say the core "immigration problem" for all First World
economies is much the same: their economies provide far fewer
unskilled and blue-collar jobs than they used to, but their
educational systems (and other mechanisms for upward mobility) haven't
kept up. Far as I can see, all the blather about "b-but *these*
immigrants are *different*" is just a way to avoid coming to grips
with that.

When's the last time you caught a Irishman praying five times a day,
unless there was a real chance he had the winning lottery ticket, or
that there would be a sale going on down at the off sale?
Drinking five times a day - yes; praying - no.
Muslims don't drink alcohol; just coffee and tea. All uppers, no
downers- that could drive any sane man mad.
Caffeine jag or Caffeine _Jihad_? =-O

Pat